“What a great airport experience”

Potbelly Sandwich Works
Ranked #174 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix, Arizona
“What a great airport experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I usually HATE having to find something to eat in an airport - it may be bad, pre-wrapped food, it may be bad help, and it is always out of line prices, but this place is different! I would recommend this outlet to anyone passing through Reagan National Airport in DC.

After seeing all of the other fast food joints on the concourse, with their overpriced cardboard that passes for food, I was surprised at Potbelly's prices - so I did the natural thing and got in line. As is always the case with airport eateries, there were four or five people in line in front of me. So, I watched the sandwich maker ply her craft. she was good! I've never seen anyone more deft with a knife, using it actually as three or four tools in one.

The sandwich she made for me was perfect - just as I ordered it. She really listened to my special instructions, and carried them out to a T. I added a large sugar cookie and a drink, and (wait for it.....), it all came to less than $8.00!!! I was amazed.

If your passing through Reagan National and need a bite, don't waster your time and money anywhere else - go to Potbelly Sandwich Shop instead!

• Visited December 2011