“Good Breakfast in a Traditional Place”
Review of Roy Rogers

Roy Rogers
Ranked #411 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Good breakfast selection with sour dough sandwiches as the lead item. Saturdays and Sundays, the special is pancakes or biscuits with gravy at a moderate price. Nothing special, but a decent meal. The Roy has clearly been outdistanced by its competition, but is still around in Northern Virginia with its burgers, fries and chicken for lunch and supper as well as breakfast selections

Reviewed 1 October 2015

I grew up visiting Roy Rogers so I had high expectations. This restaurant was much smaller and closed-in than I expected. The menu prices are very high compared to their competitors. The food portions very small. They are trying to run deals online. They refused to honor the coupon that I brought, which was valid. I will never eat here again.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Chicken had obviously been out longer then it's hold time. I was there at dinner time, so it should have been fresh. Will avoid in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2015

I can't comment personally on their food, but my daughter said it was good and that she would like to go back again. I'm writing because I sent my 14 year old daughter off on a school trip clear across the country. Roy Rogers was one of the stops on their vacation. Unfortunately, she left her wallet with ALL of her money that she needed for the remainder of her trip at the restaurant. She called me frantic, not knowing where she had lost it or what to do. I retraced her day & called Roy Rogers. The manager said they had found the wallet but didn't know who to call as she is only 14 with no ID. He said it would be his pleasure to mail us the wallet at his expense via UPS. Mind you, we live on the other side of the country, but he went out of his way to do this for us. The wallet just arrived today and ALL of her money was still there. Thanks so much to Roy Rogers Restaurants and to this very upstanding manager! If I am ever in Alexandria, VA I will most definitely eat here!!!

2  Thank runningutoo
Reviewed 19 April 2015 via mobile

Fast food should be fast. There was a severe lack of communication from the front to the back of the house. For the number of people they had working (5 or 6) to the number of people waiting in line (4-5) one would think two breakfast sandwiches and potatoes would be ready in short order. I would say it took more than TEN MINUTES. Our sandwiches sat on the tray getting cold while we waited for someone to cook potatoes in the back. There was no mention of, "Go enjoy your sandwiches and we'll bring your potatoes out when they're ready"...there were clearly enough staff for the offer to have been made.

So we finally sat down with cold sandwiches and burning hot potatoes. The sour dough bread was so lightly toasted we weren't sure if it had been toasted, and the crosant was soggy having soaked up egg and ham juices. Both sandwich items were flavorless. The potatoes had no seasoning, not even salt. My husband and I both threw away more than half of each of our meals and went back home to eat.

This was our second time trying out this Roy Rogers. We had roast beef sandwiches there a while back that were of both dry and flavorless. Due to its proximity to our home, we thought we would give their breakfast a chance. We're done.

Been to Roy Rogers? Share your experiences!