All reviewsking streetgreat locationold townfree trolleytrolley stopparking garagecomplimentary breakfasthot itemsfew blocksoutdoor pooldc areafresh fruitoatmealwould stay here againthe hotel is cleanvisit dcper day
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Here is the situation. We chose the hotel for 3 reasons 1) We love Hampton Inns. 2) WE love the location 3) WE love a pool. I travel with my children and there is nothing like it when you can wind down at the end of the night or to freshen up at the beginning of a day with a swim. I was looking at hotels in the area and I noticed another Hampton had as a banner on their site that the pool was closed. I appreciated their honesty. When we arrived at this hotel I found out the pool was closed and even worse had been for 6 weeks or something. REALLY??? Could you not have informed your paying guests. I explained my disaffection and they game me a $50 dollar credit. I stayed for 4 nights. The pool was open 2 of the days. No offense but a credit did not give me a pool. The reason we stayed there was a pool. Oh and it was suggested I could go to the public pool that was nearby. That is not why I chose this hotel. I think your food staff in the morning was very hard working and I have nothing but nice things to say about them. The location was great. However I honestly don't believe we would stay at this hotel again. I think it could have been handled better. Thank you.

1  Thank Shannon M
Miri L, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn Alexandria - Old Town/King Street Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Shannon M

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.

Miri L.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

The hotel's location on King Street in the Old Town District provides very easy walking access to the DC Metro, as well as a relaxing place to come back to after sightseeing all day (with restaurants and shops within walking distance on King Street). Trolley stop right in front of the hotel as well. The staff, front desk, housekeeping and management were all extremely professional and very friendly. Great complimentary breakfasts. WiFi that actually works, which is rare in many hotels these days. Could not rate this hotel any higher.

2  Thank bdunn2889
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The Bed was extremely uncomfortable and so were the pillows. You felt like you were laying on springs and the pillows were so flat it was like you didn't even have one.The hallways and elevator were extremely hot. we would break out in a sweat before even getting down to the lobby. Also the Ice machine in our hallway was out of order. The pool area was clearly not kept up. It appeared rundown and nasty. The pool was open however it was so nasty we couldn't even get in it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

The hotel was very clean with updated rooms. They serve a good breakfast each morning, and the staff even greeted our 2 a.m. arrival with a smile and complimentary water bottles. The location is perfect, especially to access the Metro. However, parking in the underground garage is extremely limited and virtually for compact cars only. We had to park on the street the first night, until the staff finally told us about available parking down the street at the Hilton.

1  Thank N6517TEelizabethb
Reviewed 3 June 2018

This hotel does not have a restaurant or bar, but it does give you a great breakfast, hot beverages whenever you like, and just impeccable service. The location is just perfect if you have business in the area because a major metro station is just a half block away. Being in Old Town Alexandria is just great as there are outstanding restaurants available. I had a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business