“Best cupcakes!”
Review of Occasionally Cake

Occasionally Cake
Ranked #18 of 27 Bakeries in Alexandria
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I had one of the best cupcakes from this bakery. It was an almond cupcake with chocolate ganache and coconut cream icing. It was better than an actual almond joy! They had a big selection of cupcakes to pick from that were unique flavors. The other person with me bought the pomengrante cupcake with orange buttercream icing and said it was amazing.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I visited Occasionally Cakes this past weekend during a thunderstorm. There were four of us so we ordered 4 cupcakes to take back to our hotel. After paying for our cupcakes the employee handed me a cardboard box. I asked if we could have a plastic bag to put the box in and also explained that we had to walk a few blocks and wait outside for our hotel shuttle. The employee said since we only ordered 4 cupcakes we would have to pay an additional fee for a plastic bag. I have never been asked to pay for a bag before, and I consider that to be extremely poor customer service considering the fact that there was a torrential down pour, and our order had already been paid for.

2  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This cupcakery is in the heart of old town Alexandria. My husband and I enjoyed their gluten free vanilla cupcakes. One of the better GF cupcakes out there. Our friend had one of their regular cupcakes and thoroughly enjoyed it. The icing is pretty sweet for me, but the cake was soft and fluffy (a rarity in the GF world).

The person at the counter assured us that they segregate their GF cakes from the glutinous ones. They also use separate utensils the whole way through. My husband had no issues!

I recommend stoop here and try them out for yourself.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

I went on a mini cupcake tour in Alexandria with my five year-old son. The shop I am reviewing is right on king, in the heart of touristdom. The three we tried were chocolate creme brulee, pomgranate and red velvet. As another reviewer just mentioned, the icing is toooo sweet. Think grocercy store cake. Yuck! The only one that was not dry as a bone was the pomegranate one but it tasted artificial. I can make better cupcakes at home. My advice, skip and walk up to Lavendar Moon or Alexandria Cupcake.

2  Thank momopinion
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This was our 2nd time coming here. It's close by Fort Belvoir ( in the Alexandria area). The cupcakes are good , the icing was a tad on the too sweet side. But, it's nice to know that they do Seasonal cupcakes. We got the Pumpkin with Maple icing , the double chocolate , and the Chai chocolate. The prices were a little steep though. This is only a once in a while stop for us.
They do give you a card for when you buy 12 cupcakes your next one is FREE.

1  Thank Sandra M