“Bring your wallet”

Add it.
Augie's Mussel House
Ranked #315 of 878 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We arrived for happy hour and there was a selection of beers offered for tasting along with some mussels.
I met the misfortune of not looking at the price of the beers and ordered the green chili mussels, fries and 2 different beers. The mussels were very good as were the fries and when I got the bill, I was over $40 into the happy hour. I could have/should have just had dinner there but might even be more worried about the dinner menu prices. Service was okay, food was good, beers were good...it's just more expensive than I realized.
Bring your wallet

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We were actually walking to a restaurant next to this place, but we were spontaneously attracted by this nice little outside patio.
We were welcomed very friendly, all staff was really nice and caring.
Food was excellent (we had some really picky eaters in our group, so it was really good !).
The restaurant is quite new (it was opened for the summer season 2018), but it will certainly become very quickly a famous address in Alexandria. (some rebuild works planned during this winter, to make it even better).
I can fairly recommend this restaurant !

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Good new place to eat right on King Street (Old Town’s Main Street. Eaten here twice with the family and had great meals both times. I was always “meh” about mussels but this place has converted me - their Nduja mussel dish is my favorite. Teen son won’t touch seafood but the seasonal non-mussel entrees are delicious too, and not just an afterthought. Fun casual vibe. Barstool seating upstairs wouldn’t be great for little kids, call and ask if the patio is open (downstairs seating should be opening in a few months too).

Reviewed 19 October 2018

This is my new favorite place in Old Town to eat. The outdoor seating is spot on and so is the food. The service is great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Stumbled in looking for something different. Not in the mood for the usual pizza/Chinese/Mexican/Thai/burger/sandwich, this one got the bill. Mussels of various types, salad and a side with a cold beer on tap made for a wonderful lunch. I’d recommend and will definitely return. (I think they’re going to be renovating pretty soon and will be limited to outdoor seating. Weather permitting, I’ll be back.)

Date of visit: September 2018