“Luxury experience...reasonable prices.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Luxury experience...reasonable prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I really enjoyed my visit. I was looking for something to do with my loved one that was affordable but luxurious and that's exactly what I received. U felt like my visit was a home away from home. The staff was awesome! Everyone was super friendly and accomodating. I'm hoping that on my next visit I will be able to enduldge in the spa experience but there will definately be a next visit!!!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Sinnamynn,

I am glad you chose us for your escape from the daily grind, and that you found our team to be so amazing. I am confident you can squeeze the spa in next time.

See you soon,

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I were looking at hotels in Alexandria and the Lorien looked very nice and it also received very good reviews. Staff was very nice upon check in and very friendly. The room and bathroom were clean and modern. Not like your typical hotel room. I do have one complaint about the bathroom-the bathroom door is a sliding glass door that has a 2 inch opening on either end and it is like that at all times. That was weird-In other words, when you are on the toilet, the person you are with can see in and also hear what you are doing because the ends of the bathroom door does not fully close.

A little pricey perhaps for some, but overall it was a nice hotel with a very good central location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sinmartin27
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear sinmartin27,

I was pleased to note you found our staff to be very friendly and that you found our guest rooms to be clean and modern. I am sorry the modern aspect of the bathroom did not afford you enough privacy.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Recently attended to a 3 day company meeting at Lorien Hotel and Spa. Was very well impressed with the facilities, staff and the food. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Henry S,

It is nice note you enjoyed all aspects of your visit with us. We hope you will have the opportunity to return soon.

Regards,

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I are Alexandria locals and decided at the last minute on a Friday evening to have a "staycation." I called the Lorien and spoke with the very helpful front desk clerk who told me to come on in, ask for him, and he'd get us a nice room. I requested a room with a bathtub -- when we arrived at the hotel a half hour later, he booked us into a lovely terrace suite and charged us for a regular size room. I am a picky traveler and notice all the little things that hotels don't get right, but the Lorien runs a tight ship -- from the efficient front desk clerk to the very clean rooms and fast room service. They aim to please and do. Our stay was wonderful -- relaxing, quiet -- even tho' we were locals, it felt like we were in a different city. Just what we needed.

Room Tip: The terrace suites are gorgeous! Top floor, quiet, lots of room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear ltmccabe,

I am glad you were able to escape to the Lorien and received excellent service from one of our Front Desk agents. I was delighted you had the opportunity to enjoy one of our lovely terrace rooms.

Remember, we are just around the corner!

Cordially,

Danville, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

A professional staff,a great property,a great venue,enhanced by the environment and all elements coming together like a well oiled machine. I took my sophmore daughter to Wash.D.C. for spring break,she is a stellar student, in order to maximize her college expiernce and give us time to be together we decided to see our nations capital and take a refresher course on what makes us collectively the BEST nation in the world. The foreward thinking and planning of our founding fathers must be revisited periodically to refresh and rekindle our spirits! We could spend a minimum 10 days to do our capitol justice, but time does not allow. We did hit the spots that most intrest us an formulate an agenda for a return trip.We did decide to forego a White House tour until next year when it is properly occupied. The Lorien Hotel staff were most helpful in providing superior lodging,spot on advise with activities and transpotation advise. The staff are attentive without being in the way,were visible when necessary and only when needed. One of the best expiernces we have ever enjoyed.

Room Tip: I would ask for a courtside view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear vpeabdy,

I was thrilled to review your comments about how professional you found our staff to be and that you enjoyed the hotel as well. I am glad you had such a wonderful time with your daughter touring the amazing and historical sights of DC.

We await your return trip to the Lorien, so you can finish your agenda!