“Good place for meeting up with friends”
Review of Hank's Oyster Bar

Hank's Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hank's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 878 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I took a friend and his wife out while on a trip to DC...his choice. Was a great place. Wasn’t too big. Had a quaint feel too it. The food was outstanding. I ordered the Po Boy and relished every bite. My friend got the burger and it looked amazing. His wife enjoyed the shrimp and calamari (I was wanting that too...ha,ha). The food was cooked perfectly. Fried right and not greasy. I will warn you that it was a little on the pricy side. Not truly a place for cheap eats.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 27 October 2018

Hank's specializes in fresh fish and local VA oysters, as you might expect, and it serves these delights appealingly. We had an excellent meal and highly recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 9 October 2018

We only had time for a quick round of oysters and a cocktail, but the menu looked diverse and delicious. Happy hour shucks were great, so a dozen didn't bust the budget. They have some very good cocktails also on the menu and the 2 we had were perfectly made and very good. Looks like one of the better places for higher end seafood on the upper side of King St.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank JKSullyBeans
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Went with a group in town for a conference. A friend of ours is a chef in Chicago and he recommended it, he is rarely wrong. In this case he was EXACTLY correct. A group of 8 we started with 4 dozen of the oysters, all different kinds. The Salty Max ??? were local and very tasty. I had the Sea Scallops and they were prepared perfectly. The other 7 participants all had different dishes and all processed a great meal. The goldfish to start and the dark chocolate to finish were also nice touches.

The server busted his bum keeping us in wine and beer refills. All of the food came out together, a rare but very much appreciated touch in a large group.

WOW, what great food, service and good time had by all

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018

The oysters are so lovely here. I recommend ordering one of each from their chalkboard display and deciding from there. I noticed the ones that are more local fromVirginia were slightly less robust and more flat in flavor - not as buttery and rich as the ones from MA or WA. However, the ones from VA did have wonderful texture. That being said, they are all worth trying out.

Since I was traveling solo, I sat at the bar and was not dissapointed at doing so. The staff were very friendly and attentive, and I met a friendly couple who were eager to talk and kept me company for dinner. The crabcakes were superb and I was very satisfied with my meal. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, I even had a fleeting thought of how nice it would be to move into this town! Anyway, for locals and travelers alike....this place deserves 5 stars.

Date of visit: September 2018