All reviewsburn marksan extended stay hotelconvenient locationeasy accesskitchenettepetvirginia
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I give this location 5 Stars. I stayed for 7 months and all the staff bent over backwards to help. Can’t beat the location. Except for the building structure which allows for you to hear everything from the person(s) staying in the unit above you, I had no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Bailey, thank you for the great review! We love knowing how pleased you were with our convenient location and that you received an excellent service from our staff. Thanks for choosing the Extended Stay America and we hope you will make the same choice when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I have to say I travel for work and mostly stay at extended stays. This by far was the best experience!!!! Wonderful costumer service!! They were so help full and took care of all my necessities I needed. Perfect location close to grocery store liquor restaurant. All around great!! Thank you for my making my stay comfortable!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Steve, thank you for being our guest at Extended Stay America and for your wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure to read you had a delightful stay with us and liked our convenient location. We will share your compliments with the entire team, and on behalf of everyone here, we invite you to stay with us again the next time you in this area.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I know that Extended Stay America hotels are not luxury hotels, but the last 2 I have stayed in are in dire need of renovations and updating. In this particular hotel, there was a lot of lint and 'stuff' in the carpet, the heater was loud, and the bathroom light/fan combo sounded like an airplane taking off. I like to sleep with the bathroom light on, so I don't trip on the way to an fro, and this is a problem. I was calling the front desk and there was no answer (same at another Extended Stay America in another part of Alexandria--that suggests that the front desk person is doing things other than serving the front desk). It's really a budget-conscious hotel, but for the approximately $30 I'm saving by not going to a 'real hotel', I will still not staying there again. Besides...who serves granola bars for breakfast???

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It was disheartening to read that we did not live up to our usual standards, and we're truly sorry your stay was less than satisfactory. We are taking appropriate steps to ensure future guests do not encounter the same issues. We hope you will accept our apologies and consider giving us another chance to show you the outstanding service that we typically provide.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Filthy and smelly. Clientele looks like crack addicts. Location feels like a back ally you don't want to be in after dark. Empty beer bottles left in the grass. Room had torn carpet, smelled, stained room chairs, stained towels. Elevator has profanity etched on floor indicator saying "hello b****" and officially sealing the deal for ghetto status.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris D
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you encountered with your room. We appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable stay, and this time we really missed the mark. We truly regret the inconvenience it caused. We hope you will consider and give us an opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in my life. I have bedbug bites to show forth. I booked this hotel through my company's travel agency site thinking that it was safe. Was I so wrong? My flight landed late so I tried to check in at 11 pm. As soon as I walked into the lobby, I immediately noticed that it was one run-down hotel. There was no one at the check-in desk for 15 mins. then the person could not find my reservation (which was booked 2 months ago). After the clerk found someone with my name in the computer (which also took another 15 mins), the record showed different contact information and different booked dates. After filling out some paperwork, I finally got assigned to a room. I go up and find that the room is occupied already! I go back down, wait 10 mins to see the clerk, get a different room. As soon as I got into this room, it smelled moldy and cigarettes. The kitchen area look like it hasn't been cleaned for years. The toilet seat bottom had poop stains on it. I seriously thought about canceling the reservation and go to a different hotel but by this time, I was too tired and too late at night. I complain about the situation to hotel manager via email, and hear back after a day - got a refund for one night. Even though the room was smelly and dirty (and bad customer service), I decided to stay because of its convenient location to my conference. Next morning, I see people bringing in their dogs into the hotel rooms. Then I also notice dog feces on the hotel ground...
Fast forward to check-out day and I fly back home to CO, that same night after I got out of shower, I notice red, tiny bumps on my arms and neck, which are itchy. The next morning, I showed it to a doctor at an urgent care clinic, who confirms that they are bedbug bites!!
I supposed I got what I paid for (and even more with bedbugs). Please do not stay here.

Room Tip: Bad check-in experience, dirty room, and has bedbugs
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank petition2God
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

It was disappointing to read your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies, as we never mean to disappoint our guests in any way, and we definitely failed in this attempt. As your review is anonymous, we would appreciate additional information to identify the room you occupied so we may properly investigate and follow up. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will consider giving us another chance to make a better impression in the future.