“My birthday celebration”
Review of Jackson 20

Jackson 20
Reserve with OpenTable
Jackson 20 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 833 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: USD 21 - USD 42
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Cross street: South Pitt
Transit: King Street Metro
Description: Modern New American with an Atlantic Coastal Twist. Jackson 20 is proud to welcome back Executive Chef Brian McPherson. Located adjacent to the Alexandrian Hotel, Autograph Collection.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent. I loved the ambiance of place. The staff was super friendly . Both manager, Anissa and server Fauny provided me with outstanding service. I am not native Virginian however Jackson 20 will be a must stop and dine in place the next time I visit the DC area.I am giving Jackson 20 Restaurant a 5 out of 5 star rating.

1  Thank Carol U
Samantha W, Social Media and Event Specialist at Jackson 20, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Carol - We hope you had a very happy birthday! Thank you for choosing to spend it with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience and thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear our staff provided amazing Jackson 20 customer service on your special day. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went with a group of ten for dinner. My friend and I decided to share a platter on the menu that had four types of meat, three sides and a salad. It said it was for two people on the menu but it could have easily fed 3-4 people. It had brisket, kielbasa, fried chicken and ribs. For our sides, we chose the hush puppies, mac and cheese, and collard greens. For our salad we selected J20 green salad. Everything was amazing. Mouth watering, delicious food. I wish I could eat it again! I also had a "Green for the money, gold for the honey" cocktail that was tasty. The service was a bit slow to take our order but the apps and entrees arrived in a timely fashion. I would definitely go here again if I was in the area.

1  Thank JenniP954
Samantha W, Social Media and Events Specialist at Jackson 20, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Jenni P- Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our food so much. We would love to host you and your friends again soon and provide you with even better service!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We always have brunch at the Bar with Mona, who always makes sure we have a great meal! The food, the service, and the people watching are what makes this place the best brunch in town. Grab a seat at the bar with Mona and the watch all the people strolling by through all the windows on King Street. The food is fantastic and reasonably priced. There is a reason this spot is busy ever weekend!

1  Thank Richard K

Richard K- Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy you enjoyed brunch with us and it's great to hear that Mona took good care of you. We hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Marc and Petra are amazing and make customers feel like family as opposed to some of the other servers, who if moved any slower would grow mold.

3  Thank Dean H

Dean - Thank you for joining us in Jackson 20! I am so happy to hear Marc and Petra took such good care of you. We are very lucky to have them. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I was given a suggestion from the Hotel to try the Happy Hour at Jackson 20...well intentioned but this resulted in two of the worst meals ever.
The Fried Chicken at $10 for Happy Hour with Parmesan Truffle Fries sounded great...but it was greasy and tasteless with extra crispy (greasy) skin and somewhat underdone chicken. The fries were a disaster!
The Burger (normally $16) was abysmal...overcooked entirely devoid of flavor and too many toppings...there was enough lettuce to make a side salad and some less than fresh tomatoes. The fries were crisp and almost black.
Beer is $10 a pint...

2  Thank hanskennedy30

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. I am sorry you did not enjoy your meal with us. We would love to host you again for dinner and show you a proper Jackson 20 experience. Please reach out to me directly so I can make sure you are taken care of whenever you are back in Alexandria. My email is sam.weisberg@thealexandrian.com.