“Waiting for ever”

Ranked #86 of 877 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: We're a Belgian bakery and restaurant serving simple, wholesome and seasonal food. Le Pain Quotidien means "the daily bread" in French, and like our name suggests, we're bakers at heart. Although our handmade, organic bread is how we got our start, we serve a variety of healthy options like organic coffee, pastries, eggs, tartines, soups, salads and desserts. At Le Pain Quotidien, we believe that food should be simple, nourishing and delicious. That's why we source ingredients that are local or organic whenever possible. We also believe in the importance of eating a healthy, plant-based diet, so you'll find many vegetarian or vegan options on our menu.
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We went to this restaurant last Sunday. 4 adults 2 children. We were seated promptly. We then had to wait 20 minutes to place our order another 25 minutes to receive our order which was cold and 1/2 complete

LePainQuotidien, Manager at Le Pain Quotidien, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2015

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive to present our guests with the best quality and value possible, from food to service. We sincerely apologize for your poor service experience and hope you'll give us another chance to deliver. I have forwarded your comments to our management team to address. Please send us an email at questions@lepainquotidie… with any further information (ie check number, server name) to help with our follow up and so we can make this up to you.

Our sincerest apologies and we hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed 10 July 2015

A nice change from eggs, hash brown, bacon routine for breakfast. The Toasted Paris Ham and Gruyere Croissant was delightful. This menu item was not cooked in grease, therefore, not heavy as bacon or sausage can be. Don’t get me wrong, I love a big plate of eggs, hash browns, with sausage or bacon, but I thoroughly enjoyed Le Pain.
The Chicken Chorizo and Cheddar Omelet, Avocado Toast with citrus cumin salt, Hummus and Vegetables, its all Good. The wait staff was outstanding, eager to assist and satisfy the customer.
We were in Old Town two nights and choose to eat here for three meals. You’re not going to be stuffed from one menu item, just pleasingly satisfied.

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your review and for dining at Le Pain Quotidien. We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our Alexandria restaurant and have forwarded your kind words along to the team. Please feel free to reach out to us at questions@lepainquotiden… with feedback at any time. Your comments are the mainstay of our business.

Reviewed 6 June 2015

Perfect breakfast for who wantas to stay aside of american hotels breakfast.
The food is excelent and the service as well.

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Went here for Sunday breakfast. Crowded but not a long wait for food. Goat cheese & mushroom omelette super delicious. A bit pricey but all organic. Lots of great items to go also so we grabbed some pastries to take to NC. Staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 7 May 2015

This is my absolute favorite chain restaurant in the World! If I see it in Dubai I go inside, in Tysons corner I go inside, in Sydney I go inside and now Alexandria! I just love the atmosphere, the spreads and condiments are delicious and I always stock up on them given the chance! I cannot wait for this chain to grow and be throughout the USA. It is miles above Panera, Starbucks and Olive Garden! Yes it can be a tad bit pricey, but for this type of quality you better expect to pay for it. My experience at this particular chain was not a bad one, we where a little confused as to whether to seat ourselves and I think this could have been made clear, also getting my spreads wasn't an easy task, but all in all with the quality food and level of service my experience was a great one.