“very much ok” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arlington
Arlington
“very much ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Times change, I don't know what it was like in 2006 but I spent here two days and found it an excellent, quiet place, beautifully located, spacious room, spotless clean. Slept like a log in a comfortable bed. Staff was just normal and polite, the English not always clear but I got what I wanted (= the lowest price as shown in the AAA tourbook, which is really great value for your money). I'm a seasoned budget traveller of the US, and know of many not-so-good motels runned by people from India but this place is the proverbial exception. Check it out!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

I don't understand the negative reviews the candle light got. My wife and I stayed there with our two large dogs for a ski weekend. We found our room to be very clean, the bed comfortable and the owners (who are not middle eastern by the way, if that matters to anyone) to be friendly and eager to please. Not only did they NOT require us to crate our dogs, they even let us stay past the check out time so we could get in an extra day of skiing for a very modest fee. I would recommend this inn to anyone, especially dog owners who like to travel with their pets.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Montpelier, VT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

The Candlelight offered an efficient no frills place to stay for a really excellent price. We were checked in and then we were checked out. Stress free and unremarkable. But I didn't sleep a wink. The bed must have been very old because it was more uncomfortable than the floor. If I went again I'd take some foam with me. Other than that it's a deal for this part of Vermont!

Stayed April 2006
Shirley, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2008

We had reservations for two nights. On the way to the hotel, our car caught fire and was totalled. When I called to cancel the reservation, the person I talked to said it "wasn't his fault" and that they'd have to charge us for the night. I explained again and he said "these are tough times" . He was possibly going to be out $79, I was out a car. Bad attitude, bad business, don't stay there.

• Disliked — Rude treatment
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TheBaldMan

Travellers are raving about these Arlington hotels

Londonderry, NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

We were booked to stay at the Candlelight Inn for the nights of July 19 and 20, 2008. We were on our way to the hotel when we had serious car trouble (the car actually caught on fire!). Needless to say, we could not get to the hotel for our weekend. We called to cancel the reservation and were told we would be charged for one night, since we did not cancel 24 hours in advance. I understand cancellation policies in most cases, but this was an emergency situation and it was not like we just decided not to go or found a better rate somewhere else. I consider this to be very poor customer service. We will most likely be going to the same area of VT next summer, but we will absolutely not stay at the Candlelight Motel.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank ChiliLady
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arlington
10.7 km away
11.2 km away
Governor's Rock Motel
Governor's Rock Motel
#2 of 3 in Shaftsbury

Been to Candlelight Motel? Share your experiences!