We stayed for 3 nights. We had a good room in the historic part of the hotel with a glimpse of 6th street. Not the biggest room we've stayed in for over $300 a night, but very comfortable. I had been concerned that it might be noisy in such a central location but this was not at all the case, and we slept very well. The public areas are really lovely, and staff are universally helpful and friendly. We would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Driskill Hotel. Built in 1886 as the showplace of a cattle baron, The Driskill remains a landmark of legendary Texas hospitality. Located on Sixth Street in the heart of downtown Austin, the luxurious, historic hotel is convenient to all that the city has to offer, including the Texas State Capitol, convention center, opera, symphony, fine dining, shopping, and Austin's 6th Street music scene. Known as the "Live Music Capital of the World,®" Austin is home to nearly 200 music venues, many within walking distance of The Driskill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Driskill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Hotel Austin
- Driskill Austin
- The Driskill Austin, Texas