Omni Austin Hotel Downtown
  • Room Service
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
3,044 results
All reviewsrooftop poolselect guestoffice buildingclub levelroom servicesixth streetwalking distancebeautiful hotellobby barself parkingstate capitolbusiness tripconvention centerlive musicdowntownconciergenoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I regularly stay at the Omni when traveling to Austin for work. (Their loyalty program is one of the best in the business.)

Checking in is always super easy, staff are friendly and accommodating, and the rooms are large and clean. I've never had a problem staying here. Location is perfect, just a few blocks from 6th street restaurants and bars.

Particularly if you travel to this hotel a lot, the staff makes an effort to get to know you and greet you by name. I always appreciate the little touches like the free coffee delivered to your room in the morning, and it's these things that keep me coming back to the Omni every time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed here the night of my bachelorette party and we were very pleased with our room. It was comfy, clean and had a nice view. The manager bought us a round of drinks before he headed out for the night. This is a great place to stay for the price and location. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kw12345
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

On my recent trip to Austin, we decided to try the Omni when the government rate was not available at another hotel we had been staying at. Regardless of what other review say, this Omni is outstanding.

Starting at the front door, the staff was friendly and helpful. Everyone was willing to answer questions and provide guidance. Being a member of Omni Select Guest, check-in was a breeze and I was off to my room in no time. This hotel has 18 or 19 floors, but currently the top 4 (I think) are under renovation. You are warned at check-in that noise may occur between 7 am and 7 pm. If they were doing work, however, that would have been news to me, as I did not hear anything during my stay, and I was on the 13th floor.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bath towels were large, which does not seem to be a regular thing for hotels anymore. If I had a complaint, it would be the light in the bathroom. It was very dark in the shower, so dark in fact that you could almost not see. Additional light in the bathroom (or at least in the shower) might be helpful next time the hotel is renovated.

The hotel has a great fitness facility on the first floor, with four treadmills, four ellipticals, three bikes, and a host of weight lifting equipment. Both mornings I was there it was in use, but never so crowded that equipment was not available.

Finally, the hotel restaurant has a nice spread for breakfast. Currently, the cold continental breakfast is $11 and has cereal, breads, bruits, yogurt, etc... and the hot breakfast is $16 and adds oatmeal, eggs, bacon, potatoes, and an omelet station.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank dctravel
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay here. We strive to provide the best guest experience in Austin, and it sounds like we hit the nail on the head for your time with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Omni Hotels and look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Austin!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

It is nice to know that companies still value customer service and have consistent standards. I travel to Austin frequently for work and will not stay at any other hotel. The thought of taking my business elsewhere makes me cringe. Allison and the staff at the Omni downtown treat you like family. I am consistently welcomed by all staff members. My room is always immaculate and the staff is always willing to go the extra mile to see that my needs are met. The hotel has a great location close to 6th street, the trails, the Capitol you name it. When the weather warms up the rooftop pool is awesome. My favorite place to hang when i have down time. I look forward to seeing the newly renovated rooms. If you don't feel like going out the Omni has great room service and a great bar downstairs in the lobby. I ordered room service on my stay last week and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was kind enough to suggest additional items that i might like with my order which i did end up ordering and I am so glad i did.... the chocolate mousse cake was too die for. I can't wait to come back too stay again. Kudos again to Allison and her staff. Keep up the good work! You all make me happy that I picked the Omni.

Room Tip: I prefer the high floors some people complain about 6th street noise but i can't stay that it really ever bothers me.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RadTravelerMidwest
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I loved my stay here! Everyone on the staff was well-trained and helpful; the concierge scheduled a masseuse to be in my room within a half-hour of my asking. It is close to everything downtown. I stayed in one of their club rooms and the evening appetizers and morning breakfast were both delicious! There was a little trouble with noise from construction when we first arrived, but when we complained, they discounted our room and provided us with sleep kits! I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple