“Repairs needed!!”

La Quinta Inn Austin University Area
Ranked #159 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Needs repairs! First thing I saw was the huge area of burgundy paint that was scraped off wall. I would not put a guest in that room looking like that! The carpet was also covered in stains. I'm not picky but I was disgusted. All it needs is paint touch up & new carpet. Easy fix!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ashley00024
Olga M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you for letting me know about your issues during your stay. I will be sure to work with our maintenance in taking steps to work on our issues. I appreciate your attention and will take everything you stated into consideration. We hope to see you again in your future travels ashley00024.
Olga M.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Loyal LQ Returns Member. Taken my issues up with corporate. Too numerous to go into here. The hotel does not meet what I expect from LQ. Needs a major Reno or rebuild in addition to several other major issues. Normally stay at LQ Domain, LQ Airport but this facility was closer to my work related business. It just doesn't meet LQ standards. I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Raynell M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Guest: I’ve received your review of La Quinta Austin - University Area. Sorry that you had problem with our location. Certainly we are not the same us Domain or Airport location, they are 3 1/5 hotel category full suite service/ full breakfast (higher price) , we are 2 1/2 hotel category continental breakfast/inn (lower price) . However, I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn once again. Sincerely, General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Front desk clerk practically announced my room number to everyone in the lobby, and not just once. She said it loudly 4 TIMES. I'm an older woman and I had to haul my heavy suitcase up a flight of stairs.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Raynell M, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Austin University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

I’ve reviewed your stay at La Quinta Austin - University Area. Thank you for letting us know about your concerns. I want to apologize personally to you about not meeting your expectations and I want you to know that we value your opinion.
I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation.

Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and with this will be able to correct any mistakes. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn once again.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This hotel is tired and needs to be torn down. The repairs made over the years are shoddy. The parking lot is covered in trash and pot holes. Everything about this hotel says "old and worn" Breakfast offerings are anything you can put in a toaster or microwave. Nothing fresh. The staff is nice, but cannot make up for the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Austin - University Area. Looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations.
I appreciate your feedback and will do our best to improve on our room repairs. Your feedback will help us improve our operation and want to thank you for them. Sorry about the breakfast selection not meeting your expectations and we hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Stayed there because it was close to UT. Room was not clean and poorly maintained. AC either froze you or was too hot. Woke up every morning with red eyes and allergies. One day housekeeping didn't even clean room and management staff would not make it right. Parklng lot covered in trash and had huge potholes. Vending machines empty and only took credit cards if there were things in it. Ice machine always out of ice. Felt like a truck stop kind of place, not a LaQuinta.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Austin - University Area. Sorry we did not meet your expectations.
I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! We strive to exceed customer expectations and hope that you will visit us again soon.
Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time and want you to know we value our customers.