2,627 results
All reviews lady bird lake a river view room town lake the congress street bridge bats fly barton springs nice hotel self parking breakfast buffet business conference lobby bar per day close to downtown outdoor pool sixth street enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this Hyatt when I took my daughter and a friend to a Music Festival. I have to admit that upon arrival, I thought the hotel looked very dated from the outside and it definitely is. I was hoping the interior was better. When I walked in I realized the hotel was an atrium hotel that seemed to be a design that was popular a long time ago. The interior was not bad but still had "tired" look to it. Check in was not until 4 so We had two hours to kill. The hotel valet and front desk staff could not have been nicer! They told me they would hold our luggage and we were free to visit the Starbucks in the lobby or enjoy any other of the hotel amenities....pool, workout room, etc. (seems to me that check in times are so late these days. I recommend you bring a change of clothes or whatever it takes to hold you over until check in time). This hotel is right on the Colorado River and that makes it really neat. There are kayak rentals and boat tours steps from the rear of the hotel. The pool is right by the water and the great workout room looks out over the river as well. I think the pool area is small and seems dated. This area could be really fabulous. The front desk texted us when our room was ready. Our room was nice....clean and well appointed. I must say that Hyatt has done a nice job of updating an old hotel (at least on the interior.) I did my usual cleanliness inspection and the room passed with flying colors. The only thing that bothered me aesthetically was in the bathroom. The tub faucet and fixtures were off center which looks very odd and simply not right. All was great with everything else. Super friendly and responsive staff throughout the hotel. I can't say this enough. What a kind and professional crew!. We ate late night at the hotel restaurant and for breakfast and the food was super....especially the breakfast. Thanks for a good stay Hyatt.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for the Formula 1 for four nights, drank every night in the bar with a group of guys.
Tonight half the bar closed as the so called owner was in town with a few people.
Never seen such a poor show, he should be talking and embracing his guests.
Would never stay here again
Very poor

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Back in Austin recently for ACL music fest. Have stayed at this hotel previously. Pleased to say everything still in order. Very friendly & accommodating staff & super good (free) wifi throughout the building. Breakfast buffet great value and good food menu served at the bar late (during the festival). Great location with easy walk into downtown and South Congress. We moved location in between the 2 week ends just to change things up but probably best if we had stayed put

Room Tip: Can request view over lake.. Have never had issues with room noise
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kilo58
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Every single person that worked at the hotel was accommodating and genuinely kind. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The view over the lake was especially pretty. Lobby area was spacious and well designed for meeting up with coworkers/friends.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Good location. Walking distance to SoCo and Congress avenue. Very helpful staff. Big room. Clean. It is a nice hotel with a pool and starbucks in the building. I had a view over the river and the skyline.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo