Hyatt Regency Austin
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
USD 161*
USD 304*
USD 275*
USD 262*
  • Breakfast included
USD 178*
USD 158*
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin Central(Austin)(Great Value!)
USD 127*
USD 114*
USD 224*
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
USD 289*
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
USD 114*
Omni Hotels
W Austin(Austin)
USD 321*
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
USD 125*
2,363 results
All reviewslady bird lakea river view roomtown lakethe congressstreet bridgebarton springsnice hotelself parkingbusiness conferencebreakfast buffetper daylobby barclose to downtownhotel restaurantsixth streetlive musicconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency for three nights while in Austin on business. The room was relatively comfortable and had a standard desk for getting work done. I still find it interesting that business hotels will nickle and dime guests for wireless internet access even when you are a member of the loyalty program (premium levels usually include the perk however). The internet rate was $9.95 per 24 hr period for standard access, more for faster connection speeds. The fitness room was well laid out with nice equipment, but as with other business hotels, way too small to accommodate the morning rush. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaurants, which is convenient for travelers who want to avoid renting a car. If I were back in Austin, I would likely return to this hotel depending upon the rate.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt for the LiveStrong Austin Marathon. The room was clean & comfortable, but considerably overpriced compared to identical amenities at nearby hotels.

Hyatt charged $9.95 per day for wifi and $14.00 per day to park in the hotel parking lot. Both of those services should be included in the base price of the room.

When I tried to use the wifi, I couldn't log on. I called the front desk for assistance. The clerk, instead of being helpful, said, "that's not the way the registered guest's last name is spelled." As I am "the registered guest", I tried to work with the clerk, but she was argumentative.

If the service was exceptional, I could stretch to justify the inflated price. Sadly, it was not.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
HyattSupport, Manager at Hyatt Regency Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for your recent review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and our comfy rooms. Please accept our sincere apology that you were unhappy with our service and the price of our wifi & parking. We can assure you that we do a quarterly competitive analysis and that our pricing structure is in line with other downtown full service hotels.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt for our annual DogWatch Dealer meeting - we got an upgrade to an executive room which had a huge sitting room; bar area and another bathroom. The rooms were clean, comfortable and of the usual high standard I would expect from a Hyatt Regency.
The only downside was that the atrium style means that there was a large amount of lift noise into our room that did wake us up early when guests were leaving early in the morning.

The food was of a very standard - some of the best food that we have had Dealer Meetings and the staff were very friendly & accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed here over Thanksgiving and were pleased. We used Priceline for the booking, so for the price we paid, we were not disappointed. The overall design and decor is a bit dated, but everything was very clean. This hotel is nothing special; it is definitely more catered for business travelers.

The hotel is walking distance from downtown with numerous bus stops near by. It is right next to a dog park and Lady Bird Lake. I would recommend requesting a room with a view of the lake. It is also close to the bat viewing bridge area. (I also noticed a lot of dogs around the hotel, so this hotel is definitely pet friendly.)

We ate and had drinks at the bar one night, which was reasonably priced with above average food quality. Since this area is in the atrium, some sleepers may be sensitive to the noise and music which can last late into the night.

The pool was decent. The view from the pool was great, especially at night when you can see the Austin skyline in lights across the lake. The evening that we spent in the hot tub and pool was nice as there was no one else there.

We used Super Shuttle for transportation to and from the airport. They have electronic check-in/out stations and also a station where you can print boarding passes. Overall, we would stay here again if the price was right, however we also wouldn't hesitate to try another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Austin while in town for business. Web check in available the day of your check in. I guess during really busy times this would be a time saver, but I came in around 8 pm on a Sunday night and there was no one else checking in and the front desk staff called me over to check in. I was booked for a double room (wanted a king), and fortunately, they were able to switch me to a king room. Had a lovely view of the lake and downtown Austin.

If you are not renting a car, I highly recommend Supper Shuttle from the airport. You can prepay (including tip) your round trip and the service is super! Can't beat the cost for $13 each way.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business