All reviews stay there again staying at this hotel upon check great customer service enjoyed my stay tammy rates refrigerator
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Short:

Room smell muggy - damp - like it was flooded and the carpet was never replaced or clean, mind you I stayed in the second floor. I battle it out for 4 hours, but the smell was too much for me. My lips were getting numb and I couldn't stop from opening the door every 30 minutes.

If you suffer any type of allergies than this is not the place for you.

If you want somewhere cheap and without any stuffiness - this is not the place.

Also, I had no towels - they provided me with the towels that one uses for the floor. Yes, really!

This was the only Non-Smoking room.

Around midnight I grabbed my belongings and left for another hotel just 1 mile away, paid $80 at the Hyatt, and that place was heaven.

Long:

In case you wonder, I have traveled for business and stayed at over 300 hotels. I have traveled for pleasure at over 50 countries and have stayed at dozens of hotels and hostels. I have paid from as little as 12 Euros for a night to as much as $400, So I know about hotels. This place is by far the worse and not worth your dime. I have never left a hotel in the middle of the night for fear of breathing mold.

Before you say - Did you read the comments? - Yes, and because I have stayed in a Red Roof Inn in the past, I gave it a tried, and I lost $50.

The hotel did not have clean towels to provide me. Never had this experience - I was given 3 small towels, the ones one uses for the floor.

The desk's chair needs cleaning too - major cleaning.

In any event - I can go on and on and on. Just let me say that you have been advised about the hotel. There are plenty more places in Austin for similar price that can provide you with better service.

Room tip: No room would had been good for me!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank moises448
redroofnorthaustin, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. It is our sincere apology that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have made Our management Team aware of the issues mentioned above and will work diligently to ensure it does not happen again. Again we do apologize and hope that you will come back and visit us here at Red Roof Austin North!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I left my only phone charger at this hotel & Ms. Tammy went out of her way to get it back to me. She is the reason I would return to this hotel. The room was great, very clean. Everything that I needed was in the room and what wasn't was brought up to me. The king bed was super comfortable, better than my own bed at home.

Room tip: Rooms in the back are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank renee4652

Thanks so much! Guests like you are the best advertising for our hotel and our wonderful employees Tammy! We love to share reviews with all of our employees. We appreciate that you took the time to complete this review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Tammy was so dope, very sweet, made us feel very comfortable as if we were family, best customer service in a very long time. She needs a raise, late night hero. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Antania B

Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your stay!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had a wonderful customer service experience when I went to this red roof inn on this stay. The team member on shift in when I checked in was the best customer service I had since I been staying at this hotel. Team member Tammy.

Date of stay: March 2018

We would first like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. It is our sincere apology that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have made Our management Team aware of the issues mentioned above and will work diligently to ensure it does not happen again. Yes, Tammy is Great Team member!!!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is the worst hotel I have ever been.
I booked this hotel through hotels.com and by looking at the pictures and the price, I decided to book here, BIG MISTAKE.
The entire facility looks poorly maintained, looks like a hotel in the middle of a really bad neighborhood.
The rooms are pretty cheap and the worst thing of all is that there are cockroaches in the rooms.
There is no breakfast included (good thing becuase having cockroaches in the hotel, there will be in the kitchen too)
The elevator was not working so taking the bags to the upper floors was a real problem.
I would look for any other options before going here.

Room tip: Dont stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled with family