“The service here at Red Roof has been exceptional”

Red Roof Inn Austin North
Ranked #131 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“The service here at Red Roof has been exceptional”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Overall great quality customer service. The room was very clean,

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 May 2011

This place is crawling with bedbugs. I stayed there five nights, ending on May 20th, 2011...woke up that morning, and a bedbug had sucked a hole in the main artery in my right forearm...another one had sucked a hole in my right temple...

My arm is still swollen, hot and bright red two days later...and the bite on my temple is the same way, swollen, hot, and bright red.

I don't care what kind of hotel you have, how nice it looks, or how friendly the staff is - if you have bedbugs, you either replace all the beds and the bedding immediately and call a professional exterminator and take care of the problem or prepare to be sued.

Some people are allergic to bedbugs. (They can go into shock and die if bitten.) And bedbugs today carry horrendous diseases.

Don't stay at this place. You've been warned.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RambleOn88
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 9 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. I would like to assure you this is an issue we take very seriously. In order to investigate this incident further, please contact me so that I can gather more information. This hotel follows a diligent procedure that involves preventative measures to avoid this type of incident. I appreciate you reviewing your stay and hope that you will give our hotel another chance the next time you are traveling to the area.

Dale Harrington
i0210@redroof.com
el paso
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn Austin North. The staff was friendly, helpful and very accomedating. The rooms were suprising large, clean, and the beds were extremely comfortable. Jennifer at the front desk ,gave me great suggestions on where to dine, and listen to live music. Next time my friends and I are in Austin, we will be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that Jennifer made such a positive impact for you. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Marianne Arriaga
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 May 2011

So I stayed for three nights. The first night I couldn't sleep there was immence traffic noise, ac noise, and to make it worse the ice machine outside my room made a havoc. Next day I requested a differnt room away from the ice machine and guess what, I have bed bug bites all over the neck and back. GREAT!

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank billo-billo
redroof210, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin North, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience. In regards to the incident you mentioned about our hotel, I would like to assure you this is an issue we take very seriously. I have diligently followed a detailed procedure designed to maximize the prevention and identification of all similar incidents. Once I was notified of your concerns, I immediately reacted by placing the room out of service until it could be professionally inspected by a nationally recognized service. During their thorough inspection, they verified that the rooms are free and clear of possible pest activity and we have received a full report that documents the process and shows the preventatives measures that have been taken. I can assure you that there are no signs of activity in this or nearby rooms. I appreciate you reviewing your stay and hope you will give our hotel another chance should you happen to be in the area. If you ever have further questions, you can always contact our hotel too.

Marianne Arriaga
Everywhere
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Honestly, the only reason I booked here was that it was one of th only available hotels in the city for SXSW weekend. I booked on the red roof website and among the amenities it listed microwave-fridge.
Check-in: I called a few days prior to arrival to indicate I needed to change my check out date by a day. Found out upon arrival that they increased my rate by $10/day since I changed my check out day. No mention on the phone when I called them directly that my rate would change. No information at all given about hotel ie ice machine etc. There's a restaurant connected. Have no idea if hotel customers get a discount or not.. I had to ask how to locate my room. No information given unless you asked specifically

Room: Clean but to my surprise, no fridge. Called the front desk who indicated that you had to have a king bed room for a fridge..No where on their website indicates this at all. I needed fridge for medication so this is a problem and I'm traveling with a friend and we don't want to share a bed. Especially for the now 70/night we were paying. Had to go buy a cooler and find the ice machine so my medication would be cold.
Service: Room did not get cleaned during our stay at all. We left for SXSW events around 11:45am and did not return til after 7pm. I put the please make up the room sign out. Came back and it was still there. When I called the front desk I got silence.....No apology.. no offer of anything. Finally, I said well we at least need towels.. and I got yeah cause the housekeeper is gone for the day. So I asked for towels. Ok i'll send somebody up. We're hot, sticky and want to take a shower. After about 45 minutes, I took the dirty towels down and asked for fresh towels. Well we don't have any washcloths right now...I'll send somebody up with some. Two hours later someone came with washcloths
Check-out- They asked how was my stay.. I told the gentleman at the desk that my room was not cleaned during my stay. He said, well there's coffee there if you want some..
Any hotel not concerned with customer service I can't recommend. I really hope whomever is in charge of this hotel takes note. Most red foof inns I've stayed in have good service

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends