“first taste of Dosa”

Ranked #807 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 15 June 2017

had friend who has traveled and expensively stayed in India take me for my first Dosa...the restaurant is in a strip center but is comfortable arranged...selection was amazing (might take a couple of years of visits to explore!). seating was comfortable...observed lots of takeout orders!!!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I have eaten here several times over the years, I find that the quality of the food goes up every time I visit. I'm a big fan of Indian food, especially the "chaat" snacks, and Bombay Express delivers.

For me, the measure of a chaat house is the quality of the pani puri. Bombay Express finds that almost perfect blend of fillings, pani and sauce. The Aaloo Tikki is very good, and the papdi chaat is delicious. The samosas are decent but not a stand-out dish. I also really enjoy the pav bhaaji, the flavors are really tasty.

They also have a rotating special thaali dish, it's a nice mix of a bunch of different Indian snacks. I think it's only (mostly) on the weekends, if they have it on special I highly recommend you try it.

There is plenty of surface parking readily nearby, the restaurant can be a bit hard to find as it's tucked back in a strip mall area off a couple busy roads (I-35 and Parmer Ln). If you can find it, it's worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We had driven to Austin for the day and stopped by here to eat South Indian food. The Dosas were crispy and tasty. Also, thrived their mendu vadas, samosa, gulag jamuns and carrot halwa. All food was great.
The interior was nice and clean. Restrooms were clean too. The place had an ambience of a road side stall in India with its exposed brick work.
Better South Indian food here than in San Antonio. Definitely worth the drive from SA.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

The focus is on the street food of Mumbai but they also carry dishes from South and North India. Purely vegetarian and each dish is prepared with perfection from scratch
Extremely gracious and cordial ownership, ever ready to help make suggestions.
Located off of I35 and Palmer Lane -13000N Interstate 35. telephone 512 491 5055
A casual, family friendly restaurant with plenty of parking and quick service
The weekend has a sampler (thali) with generous portions of multiple items.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I'll never have another paneer wrap like the one that is served at Bombay express! It's the most delicious outstanding paneer wrap I've ever had. We also ordered pani puri, a paneer sandwich, ras malai, galub jamun, and papad chaat.. hopefully I spelled all of those right :P everything was fresh and yummy. The gentleman that always is at the register is always kind and friendly. The food is definitely inexpensive and affordable.. I can't say enough about this place. So what are you waiting for? :) If we we can drive all the way from Dallas to eat there, why wouldn't you? :)