“Fantastic Food and Servive”

Lonesome Dove Western Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Lonesome Dove Western Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 4,186 Restaurants in Austin
Description: 15 years after the birth of the Lonesome Dove, chef Tim Love opened his second flagship, Lonesome Dove Austin, located downtown on Colorado Street! Chef Love has designed a menu influenced by the ingredients, traditions, and cultures that have been part of the West since the first adventure began on the Goodnight-Loving and Chisholm Trails—with an added level of modern sophistication. Lonesome Dove Austin features both classic and new tastes, with Austin-inspired dishes that showcase Love’s creative use of bold flavors, wild game, and signature wood-fired cooking techniques alongside a diverse wine program. The menu is divided into several sections, beginning with Love’s proprietary Wild Game Fettine. It features a selection of choice cuts spit-roasted over open mesquite fire, such as DUCK, RABBIT-RATTLESNAKE SAUSAGE, PISTACHIOS, and QUINCE; ELK, PORK SPINALIS, HUCKLEBERRIES, and BLACK GARLIC; and LAMB, QUAIL, TEXAS HERBS, and CITRUS-CHILI PASTE.
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here last night with our daughter and it was fantastic. We loved everything from our bartender to our waiter and the food was incredible. We started with the elk and foie gras sliders. Had the anchovy vinaigrette salad and the faro salmon salad. For mains we had the skirt steak and the swordfish and the crispy brussel sprouts. You have to taste the fresh baked breads. Seriously one of the best meals ever. Great atmosphere. Friendly service. Top notch drinks with a smile. I would highly recommend eating here. Great way to be introduced to Austin.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Great service and ambience.

We had rattlesnake and rabbit sausage along with wild boar ribs to start. Very tasty.

Main course was a delicious elk and a 14 ounce buffalo steak. So nice!

A must visit!

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Let’s start with I have been dreaming about getting another jalapeño cucumber margarita for the past year since I first visited Lonesome Dove! I made my way back in November and sat at the bar (was on a solo business trip) and my memory did not disappoint. The menu is unique, but they have the basic steak selection if you are shy with your food. Dessert was AMAZING - I ordered the banana cream pie and let me tell you this was like NO other banana cream pie for have ever had. Also, the bartender said I looked like I needed another margarita and gave me one on the House - talk about service and she was rewarded in my tip. Can’t wait to get back!

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This is a really nice restaurant located about a block off the 6th St entertainment district. They have a lot of game options, most of which are not for me, but we did try a few and they were delicious. We started with the Butter Lettuce Salads. The bread basket for the table deserves a place of its own. For dinner, I had the Swordfish, which was just recently added to the menu and the wife had the beef tenderloin. Service over the top attentive and a very extensive wine list. Not to be missed.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Weekend getaway to Austin for wife's birthday weekend. We decided on Lonesome Dove and it was incredible. Food was great, menu was diverse and unique with a Texas flair. The mac 'n cheese is amazing. Emma was our server and she was awesome! She really made the experience great for my wife's birthday dinner. We will certainly be back and highly recommend!

Been to Lonesome Dove Western Bistro? Share your experiences!