“Great pizza and calzones. Even better service.”
Review of Home Slice Pizza

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love good NY style pizza. We discovered HOME SLICE on congress Ave on our first day in town while on vacation. It's not a fancy place. It's kind of dark inside and a little chilly temperature wise. But the food and service is wonderful. Our server really went out of her way to make us happy. She was pleasant and attentive. We ordered their meat calzone with sausage and pepperoni, and two slices of pepperoni pizza. Our food was delivered within 10 minutes. The calzone was fantastic. The slices were enormous and truly delicious. With two soft drinks and the food, our bill came to $22 + tip. It was my favorite place to eat during our week in Austin. If you liove pizza as I do, this is the place to go.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Tried this pizza for the first time and I was very pleased. The pizza had a lot of toppings, and the crust was great. Everything about it was fresh tasting and I loved it

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Impromptu pizza party with family for Grand-daughter's birthday. We went to the North Loop location. Best little pizza joint in Austin

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I’m a big pizza lover and so is my husband so once we saw this place on here with all the raving reviews, we had to try it.

The crust was really good. In fact, most people in our group said they loved the crust. A good thinner crust is hard to find! The pizza was warm and seemed fresh which was great and not expected. While the flavor/taste wasn’t bad, it wasn’t as impressive to us as other reviews made it sound. It was pizza. To us, a very standard/average taste. A good crusted warm/fresh pizza is not a bad thing! While I won’t rave to everyone about it being the best, I will let friends and family know where they can get a hot fresh slice in Austin! We have no complaints and would stop again! Thank you!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2018

If you’re in the mood for pizza and beer, this is your place. The main location was closed, so I visited “More Home Slice Pizza” the carryout location right next door. The slices are large and the beer cold. They have regular pizza flavors and then they usually have a couple of Daily Specials. Tonight the specials were White Sauce and Spinach and also a Tomato and Meatballs. I tried the White Sauce and Spinach which was a white sauce with olive oil, fresh garlic and ricotta cheese and the the spinach. Crispy crust and soft, delicious topping! I also went for a personal favorite, Pepperoni, always good. The beer selections were good with craft brews available, several different wine selections and plenty of non-alcoholic choices. I only waited about 5 minutes for my slices, however, if there is a longer wait, you can be entertained by the amazing skill of the kitchen staff tossing and twirling the largest piece of dough I have ever seen tossed.
Some parking available out front and more located on the side street, Elizabeth. Small outdoor seating area and seating inside also. Friendly and helpful staff. I will definitely make this a regular stop.

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Home Slice Pizza? Share your experiences!