“BED BUGS”

Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South
Ranked #173 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Got this Hotel on Priceline for a four night stay and thought I scored a homerun after reading the reviews on this site. Boy, was I wrong.

First off, its not a 2.5 star hotel like sites and Priceline suggest. The property is aged, the pool was a shade of dark green, the hallways emitted a foul odor, there was a half used bottle of shampoo in the bathroom, breakfast had powdered eggs and a floppy white looking wannabe of a suasage patty, no ice machine on my floor, vending machines that do not work, extremely loud air conditioner, and Bed Bugs.

I have never experienced this type of itching before. I should have gotten the message when i noticed about 5 mattresses at the rear door of the hotel next to the parking lot.

Room Tip: Pay a little more to stay at one of the nicer hoty
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank 2muchtravel2007
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Austin South

Reviewed 9 May 2011

Very nice and friendly staff. Will stay again. Thank you to General Manager (L.R.)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RogInSATX
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We stayed in Austin in March and found the hotel to be a very good value. The location is perfect with easy freeway access and is only a few minutes from downtown.
The rooms were clean and comfortable and a good value.
What stood out to us was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.
Everyone from the manager at the front desk, Michael Ricci, to the housekeepers went out of their way to make sure our stay was pleasant.
We would definitely stay here again should we visit Austin in the future,

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2011

An old friend came to town for SXSW and booked this room through Priceline. Not sure about the rate, but she did mention that she paid a fraction of what other hotels were charging for such a high-demand weekend. As a local resident, I hesitated to stay at a hotel in Austin during the conference due to fears that I would not be able to get much rest. So glad I accepted her invitation, though. Even with the hotel booked to capacity, there was ample parking. The desk clerk was very friendly and our room was clean and cozy. The beds are amazing! I suffer from lower back pain and after standing for hours on end on concrete floors I expected to wake up in pain, but felt great each morning. The room was equipped with coffee pot, microwave and a mini-refrigerator. As a smoker, I was delighted that each room has a very small balcony so I could simply step outside for a cigarette break at any time. Balcony rooms are few and far between at Austin hotels. The hotel also offers a free hot breakfast each morning. Loved this place and I look forward to staying here on my next staycation.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I booked a room at the Baymont Inn (Austin South) at the last minute with no expectations. A 2-star hotel a few miles outside of Austin can't be that amazing, can it?

It can. I had a blast staying here. I came to Austin for Austin City Limits and just needed a place to crash, but this ended up being a place to hang out when I needed some down time. The staff are super friendly and always willing to go out of their way to help.

When I arrived, it just so happened to be free food Wednesday (a treat for the guests) and I was treated to a sweet cookout (burgers, dogs, and such) and beverages while hanging out with the staff and a few other guests. This was a welcome surprise after the worst day of traveling ever.

The whole hotel has just been outfitted with brand new beds. I slept like a baby. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Wifi is free and fast. All the rooms (I think) have a balcony, so if you're a smoker like me, this is a nice perk. There's also business center in the lobby with a printer, which is a nice benefit for folks who need to print out tickets, boarding passes, maps, etc.

Oh, and the breakfast. Sweet fancy Moses, the breakfast. Bacon, sausage, eggs, muffins, fruit, cereal, juice, a waffle maker (!!!), bagels, coffee (all day), juice ... I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but you get the idea. Amazing.

All in all, I highly, highly recommend this place. I can't speak for families, but for solo travelers and couples or other groups, it's definitely worth it -- especially if you're traveling to Austin for a music festival or other similar event. Cheap, clean, fun and friendly staff, and an all-around great experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo