“Incredible experienced.”

Shabu
Ranked #722 of 4,188 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 11 May 2016

I've been figuring out to surprise my wife on our 45th anniversary, why not on a Shabu restaurant. Asked my son to join us and celebrate with us. When I mentioned to him he was very excited, something very novel.
The lady manager was very accommodating and very helpful as to what kind of choice do we want. I mention to her that a hot pot would be nice. She gave us the means to start and the ingredients we needed. It was basically personalized and nothing difficult. The food was delicious and the preparation was an enjoyment for both of us.
I would definitely recommend this to future customers and friends.
Lastly the establishment was immaculate.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

I am always looking for interesting experiences to share with my family. So we chose hot pot for dinner one night. Hot pot is where you order different broths and then cook various foods in the broth. It['s designed to be a leisurely process.

There were 5 of us and we shared 2 hot pots. It would have been better to have at least 1 hot pot for every 2 people. Yes it was manageable but the hot pots are cheap enough that another one would have been great. One of our kids was running late so we ordered dumplings and the onion pancakes to stretch out the evening a little. They both were delicious.

It wasn't clear to us just how much of the hot pot additions to order so we ordered beef/chicken/shrimp balls/quail eggs and a bunch of veggies and 2 kinds of noodles. The meat quantity was fine but we ended up with way too many veggies. I think next time we would order more noodles- those were a big hit.

The service was excellent- they answered all our questions and made suggestions.

It took quite a long time to actually get the hot pots after we ordered. Like 45 minutes. Not that we cared because we didn't have anywhere to go afterwards but I was surprised.

It was a tad pricey but what a fantastic experience! We loved it.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Fast becoming one of my quick Austin favorites. Great Ramen, yet to try the hot pot. But have been here about 20 times and never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

There are many restaurants and a movie theater all crammed into this section of Anderson Lane so while there is plenty of parking you might have to walk quite a ways once you have found a spot.

There was a group of 5. We ordered appetizers while we choose our Shabu components. It was a busy night but we never felt rushed. Our server was wonderful and helpful. We chose the mushroom and Tom Yum broth hot pots. The Tom Yum was flavorful but to our taste not spicy at all. While 2 hot pots were ok we all agreed that 3 would have been a better choice for 5 people.

There was plenty of veggies & meat with each item for the 5 of us but with the noodles we needed 2 orders.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Recently I had my first dining experience at Shabu. The restaurant wasn't crowded, which surprised me once I tasted the food! It is in a strip center on Anderson Lane, so folks may have been avoiding it for fear of a "fast food" atmosphere and quality. Once inside the restaurant, it was clear that was not the case.The Udon Shitake was made exactly like I requested and was delicious. The staff was very attentive and friendly and the food arrived in a short length of time. Give it a try!!

Been to Shabu? Share your experiences!