“The best general manager around!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park - Lakeline
Ranked #8 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“The best general manager around!”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We were planning this trip for a while, for my stepsons wedding. The future bride chose this hotel for it's location to the wedding. I emailed the hotel asking for assistance in group rates and other information. The hotel manager, Sanjay B. Chaudhari, responded right away to my email with my questions and concerns answered. We arrived to the hotel and wasn't sure what to expect since I was in charge of reserving about 20 rooms - surely there would be issues, right? Well there were absolutely no problems! The hotel is very clean, the staff were always friendly and informitive. We had a blast the weekend we were there since we took up almost the whole 2nd floor, with family and friends from all over. I would definitely stay there again if in the Austin area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Trabuco Canyon
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Having two sisters living in the Austin area means I come here often. As soon as I stayed here I knew I found my home away from home. The staff is excellent, rooms comfortable and clean. The free breakfast is great too.

My family has stayed here multiple times and each visit keeps us coming back again and again.

Thanks for making my visits so comfortable

Billy

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill W
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We actually stay here often because it's close to kids and grandkids. We're big fans of Hampton Inns because they're so dependably good, and this one is no exception. Really clean, great staff, and VERY comfortable rooms. The breakfast staff is exceptionally friendly. This time around, we added an extra night, and since there was some confusion about a rate change for the second night (I didn't know about it when I changed the reservation), the man at the desk let us have both nights at the lower rate--we didn't even ask for it--he just suggested it. The free wireless sevice is a real plus. And again, this hotel is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!

Room Tip: If the hotel is full--the area seems to host lots of teenage athletic events--the top floor is the q...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TrishaHMoore
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 March 2012

INTRO: I stayed at this property for 1 night while working at in Austin. This property was a welcome sight after staying in run down LaQuinta Inn’s. Hampton rarely disappoints.

PROPERTY: This seems like an older property that has had many significant upgrades. I stayed in room 306 which was an Executive King room. Per Hampton norm, the room was well kept and clean. Other hotels could learn from Hampton on how to properly upgrade an older property.

The hotel had a decent sized outdoor pool and hot tub which I did not use.

The exercise room is decent size and consists of three machines designed for walking or pedaling and free weights with TV.

There are numerous restaurants nearby.

ROOM: The room had its own, window mounted A/C unit which worked fine, although the fan seems to run often. There is very light road noise that was virtually unnoticeable. The furniture and décor was very nice and upscale. It has a smaller 26” flat screen. A cup at a time coffee maker with 2 coffee packs was provided. Lighting in the room was very good. NO micro/fridge combo, which is a miss.

The bathroom was very nice with tile floor, a large 5’ shower and freestanding vanity with solid surface countertops.

BEDDING: The bed was very good, although I missed the “Evolution Bed” found in other Hilton properties. None the less, the bed was comfortable, the pillows were excellent and the Hampton signature duvet is always welcome.

WORK AREA: The work area was a little on the small side, with good lighting and ample outlets for electronics. The chair was comfortable and very good for long stretches of work.

The night time clerk was more interested in his private cell phone conversations than tending to the front desk, but others seemed nice.

The breakfast was very good with fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, meat and potatoes, cereal, muffins, juice, etc. No need to leave the building for a good breakfast.

RATING: Overall I would give the property a 90/100 and 95/100 for value. I would likely stay here if I were in this area again..

PROS: Upscale upgrades, nice rooms, clean, good breakfast.
CONS: a little pricey, a little too far out from downtown Austin (20-25 min), no micro/fridge

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank YepBeenThere
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Planned a last minute work trip to the Austin area. I found limited hotels because SXSW, Rodeo, and Spring Break taking happening this week. I booked the Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Cedar Park and was very impressed with my room. I enjoyed this hotel 100 times better than the Full Service property I stayed at the following evening. Updated spacious rooms is always nice when away from. The location is a short drive from downtown, easy access from the highway, and the staff was super friend. I would stay here again on my next trip. Extra added values such as free breakfast, business center and parking help save my company money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business