All reviews champions restaurant great location front desk full kitchen small indoor pool free breakfast within walking distance one bedroom suite stove top self parking small kitchen living area corner room austin downtown would stay here again fresh fruit whole foods
Reviewed 8 November 2017

The Wifi did not work in the room so was unable to get work done. The water pressure was turned off for several hours so was unable to shower before checking out. Room was clean and breakfast was good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear vinnie776,

Thank you, for your review. I would like to apologize for the lack of water pressure in the hotel earlier this week. A main valve failed to our hot water heaters and, unfortunately, it took five hours to make the repairs. Obviously, this is not something we could anticipate or control and we made every effort to make all our guests as comfortable as possible as we expedited repairs. We hope you’ll reconsider a future stay the next time you’re in the area so that we may change your impression of our property.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The staff was awesome and the room was nice; clean and the bed was very comfortable for a hotel bed. I did have a couple of problems which I brought to the attention of the hotel staff and they were very apologetic and in one case addressed my concerns. There was problem with the lock on the door to my room. Once inside the room the lock would engage automatically, but not disengage when you tried to open the door, leaving me stuck in the room and having to fight with the door to get out. A coworker, experienced the same problem with the lock on her door. When checking out, I mentioned it to the hotel staff, and they had someone look into the problem.

The concern that was not addressed by the hotel staff, had to do with the meal that I ordered in the restaurant (Champions Bar). The meal was horrible: My burger which I ordered "medium" was "well done" and tasteless. In addition to the bad burger, I received "coleslaw" served with the meal was old, brown and spoiled. I should have taken it back but did not feel like going back downstairs. I mentioned it to the staff and they apologized for the experience.

I would stay here again, as the hotel is nice and the restaurant does a better job with the breakfast buffet than with dinner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that our location made it easy and convenient for your travels and to the numerous attractions in Austin. We’re thankful that you shared your appreciation for our facilities and the friendliness of our staff. I would like to apologize for any frustrations you may have experienced during your stay. We wish nothing more than for all of our guests to have the best experience possible while staying with us. Thank you for your helpful feedback, we hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This hotel is a warm, inviting and relaxed atmosphere. The staff always make you feel welcomed. Great place to stay. It's in downtown and quiet. We went on Halloween weekend. Even though Halloween event in downtown but it's very quiet and safe inside hotel. It's easy access to highway, capital, restaurant/bar in downtown. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and the staff was polite and accommodating. My family enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that our location made it easy and convenient for your travels and to the numerous attractions in Austin. We’re thankful that you shared your appreciation for our facilities and the friendliness of our staff. Thank you for your helpful feedback, we hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

From this location, you can walk to everything! The Red Line is right across the street, and there are amazing restaurants within a half a mile. There is also a small grocery very nearby. This is a great site!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andy Z, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you for your review. It is great to read that our location made it easy and convenient for your travels and to the numerous attractions in Austin. We’re thankful that you shared your appreciation for our facilities. Thank you for your helpful feedback, we hope to have a future opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Great location in downtown Austin and great service from the staff. Easy hotel parking, right in the middle of everything you would want to be doing. Very walkable to restaurants, bars, etc. Hotel and rooms were very nice.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business