“I loved staying here at Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin-(Nw) Hwy 620 & 183
Ranked #122 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I booked this hotel at Columbus day long weekend to visit Austin with my family and I loved this place. I had a very good experience wth hotel lobby, room, breakfast, and facilities. It is conveniently located at the center of the city.
The room had a nice shower (the best so far I encountered) good enough for a tall guy like me. The bed was king size and good enough for a family. There was also a sofa bed and good for two kids or one adult.
The room service was good and when I asked for few pillows at 11:30 PM at night, I got it within 10 mins.
The breakfast was nice and standard. I was not expecting pumpkin spice latte coffee at breakfast (thank you for that :))
Though the price was little more compared to other hotels. It is a no tension hotel. I loved everything else like swimming pool and sams club and Costco nearby. I will highly recommend this hotel to all readers.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 18 October 2016

We are so thrilled that your experience was a success! Here at the Holiday Inn Express NW Austin we strive to keep our Guests at the Heart of What We Do. Thank you for sharing your experience with the world! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 29 September 2016

The room was not maintained, flickering light bulbs, cracked tiles in bath, leaky toilet, cracked finish on tub....it goes on......I thought the chain had standards they upheld at each location,.....
The lobby and common areas were good, breakfast was good, but the room was enough to make me take Holiday Inn off of my list of places to stay....

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 October 2016

We apologize that your stay was not up to standard. We definitely always strive to exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and we will work together to find a solution to the issues you mentioned. I am happy to share with you that renovation plans for our property are on the works. We hope you can give us a second chance to truly impress you.

Melissa

Reviewed 12 August 2016

This hotel is in a great location and the price for a room is very reasonable. I traveled here to visit family and the hotel was clean and neat. The AC in the room was ice cold and that helps after being in the Texas heat all day. The pool was nice and clean also.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 September 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time that you come to visit family.

Melissa Williams

Reviewed 29 July 2016

I went in and there was nobody at the desk, so I waited...walked around and looked....heard a blaring tv (arrived after 10pm)....and still nobody came around. I waited for at least 15 minutes. Then my husband went in and did the same, and then used the bathroom. When he came out he finally saw the front desk person, and told her that I had come in and my wait time was "like 20 minutes" and she basically told him I was a liar....that she was only gone 3 minutes. Even if that were true, which is was very much NOT, you don't tell a person that wants to spend money there that their wife is lying.
Very unprofessional! Very rude!
I promptly left and stayed at another Holiday Inn Express (Lakeway) a short drive away, with excellent service and even a lesser price!

Room Tip: Go before 10pm you may have nicer people at the front desk
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin-(Nw) Hwy 620 & 183, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Dear mashtuck1,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Please do accept our apologies regarding the hotel front desk staff for not being able to deliver an exemplary service at check in. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for posting your comments. We hope you will allow us an opportunity to better serve your needs in the near future.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel and clean. Breakfast was very good too, it was hor and fresh. I recommend the Biscuits and gravy. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The pool was nice and clean. I recommend this place to stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family