“One of the best deals in town”

Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake
Ranked #102 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I travel to Austin several times a year and this is the best hotel I've found. The views of Town Lake are beautiful, the location is amazing(they also provide excellent shuttle service), and it's one of the friendliest staffs I've found at any hotel. Couldn't ask for more

Room Tip: I'ved stayed here several times now and the rooms with lake views are definitely worth the extra...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BjRc

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Room was nice with a beatiful view of Lake Austin. Breakfast buffet (eggs, sausage, biscuits, fruit, grits, and more!) and menu service was great, with friendly and efficient staff. Close to downtown and the Sixth Street music scene. Bed was comfortable considering that I'm used to a water bed (not rock-hard like some hotels). Wireless internet worked fine with good speed. Access from I-35 northbound is a bit confusing the first time, but Google maps gives clear directions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake, 7th floor or higher.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2012

So I checked this past Monday & the staff in general is great, the menu is very small and the food mediocre but keep in mind your in Austin with 4\5 Star Resturants within a stones throw and they probably know people will be eating out because NO HOTEL could compete with that kind of talent.

1 of my teeth broke at the gum unexpectedly & could not eat in general with all the meds & dental work I've dealt with in a town I don't live in or have family in. I ended up calling Front Desk @ 3:30am after room service was closed askIng about a snack machine & David without missing a beat said, "I've got a turkey sandwich & bag of ruffles that I would be happy to bring you. I have NEVER had anything close to that sort of thoughtful kindness (also I did not tell him I have been w\o food for 3 days b\c of my Dental Drama). He brought it straight up to my room & was genuinely kind (not the phony customer service you can easily spot in most hotel staff who are just unhappy to be performing their role) its clearly something he would do for anyone. I will be back in Town next week to complete my project & I promise I will be staying here again! David is Awesome!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Citrixgurl
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed here during the hectic SXSW Festival and the hotel provided our own personal oasis from the madness outside - comfortable beds to collapse into, friendly and helpful folks behind the desk at all hours and a lovely riverside location. We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Room Tip: We had two rooms on the second floor and both were great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I attended a conference in February and the room was comfortable and clean, the staff and check in was friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Austin hotels
8.4 km away
1.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
7.9 km away
Best Western Plus Austin Central

Been to Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake

Address: 20 N Interstate 35, Austin, TX 78701-4325
Region: United States > Texas > Austin
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #102 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Price Range: $115 - $432 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake 3*
Welcome to the Live Music Capital of the World!Stay at Austin s Holiday Inn Town Lake and experience the comfort of 321 guest rooms, most overlooking Austin s scenic Hike & Bike trail and Lady Bird Lake, plus 3400 sq. ft. of flexible meeting/banquet space. A 100% smoke free facility, we are centrally located on IH35 & Lady Bird Lake and offer complimentary shuttle service (based upon availability) to Austin downtown s major attractions such as Texas State Capitol, Austin Convention Center, the University of Texas, the world famous Sixth Street/Warehouse Entertainment Districts offering local favorite bands, clubs & restaurants, and Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).The Holiday Inn Town Lake captures Austin s unique flavor and atmosphere, with bike, Segway and kayak rentals in the lobby, complimentary media room offering free blockbuster movies, free Wi-Fi and complimentary garage and surface lot parking. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our Pecan Tree Restaurant offers casual dining at affordable prices and enjoy your favorite beverage and appetizer in our Tavern Lounge and view one of our three large flat screen TVs! Re-energize in our 24 hour exercise facility and outdoor heated roof top pool, which is the perfect place in Austin to enjoy a burnt orange Austin sunset! The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake offers lots of services but our focus is to create a memorable experience at a reasonable price. Welcome to Austin and welcome to the Holiday Inn Town Lake! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake Hotel Austin