We stayed for 5 nights total at this hotel during a girls weekend/week visit to Austin. The hotel offers shuttle service to the airport, downtown and to other places, when available, which is absolutely fabulous! The hotel is 1 mile from downtown and right on the walking path of Town Lake which you can walk to Congress St. Bridge along. There are also bike and segway rentals which were way too much fun!
It is an older hotel but we had everything we needed. Being a HI priority member gave us a lake view instead of the highway which was simply lovely. Check in was easy and welcoming. We went through a couple of room scenarios to insure that the 3 of us were comfortable. When we realized we were across from the ice machine Stella, FABULOUS!, agreed to move us if we wanted the next morning. We offered to give it a try and it wasn't a problem at all. The walls are a little thin but the hotel was filled to 100% capacity the Sat. night we were there.
We ate in the restaurant for breakfast each morning and the buffet and the orders from the menu was very good along with being very fair prices. Troy was the best waiter ever and was friendly and extremely helpful in giving us local tips. The bar was fun and we visited it a few times during our stay. We ate there a couple of times too too and were extremely surprised at how simply delicious the food really was. We even opted to go there to eat at the end of the day when one of the girls had to head back to the airport for a 6 p.m. flight.
Stella, David, Zach, Michael Thomas, Troy, Amber and many others encountered at this hotel are absolutely a joy to have met and spent time with. They were courteous, friendly, accommodating and just very nice people to know. We actually felt like we had made some very good friends.
I think what you need to keep in mind is that is NOT a downtown hotel. It is a mid-priced hotel with unbelievable services 1 mile from downtown. We saved a great deal of money by staying here with the access to the shuttle and even walked downtown one day along the lake. We tipped the drivers and the housekeeping staff as well. Why not start on the right foot? I don't think that would have mattered but it certainly didn't hurt.
We stayed 1-14 to 1-18 with 3 of us and then the 2 of us came back for our last night before flying out after an overnight to San Antonio on 1/19. All 3 of us could not get over how safe and truly appreciated we felt staying at this hotel.
We did have to take a few cabs because the hotel was busy with airport pick ups/drop offs or it was past the 10:30 p.m. deadline. They did come to get us once when I called at 10:29 p.m. They will even call for a cab for you when they can't come and get you. Cabs are so reasonable never more than $6 from where we were downtown.
True customer service is all I can say. Thank you so very much for another great visit. I can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Live Music Capital of the World!Stay at Austin s Holiday Inn Town Lake and experience the comfort of 321 guest rooms, most overlooking Austin s scenic Hike & Bike trail and Lady Bird Lake, plus 3400 sq. ft. of flexible meeting/banquet space. A 100% smoke free facility, we are centrally located on IH35 & Lady Bird Lake and offer complimentary shuttle service (based upon availability) to Austin downtown s major attractions such as Texas State Capitol, Austin Convention Center, the University of Texas, the world famous Sixth Street/Warehouse Entertainment Districts offering local favorite bands, clubs & restaurants, and Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).The Holiday Inn Town Lake captures Austin s unique flavor and atmosphere, with bike, Segway and kayak rentals in the lobby, complimentary media room offering free blockbuster movies, free Wi-Fi and complimentary garage and surface lot parking. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our Pecan Tree Restaurant offers casual dining at affordable prices and enjoy your favorite beverage and appetizer in our Tavern Lounge and view one of our three large flat screen TVs! Re-energize in our 24 hour exercise facility and outdoor heated roof top pool, which is the perfect place in Austin to enjoy a burnt orange Austin sunset! The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake offers lots of services but our focus is to create a memorable experience at a reasonable price. Welcome to Austin and welcome to the Holiday Inn Town Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Austin Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake Texas