“Back In The Groove”
Review of Polvos NORTH

Polvos NORTH
Ranked #1,910 of 4,188 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Wow, Polvo's North! You added booths! Brought in new staff and management! And you still have great food and awesome margaritas! My wife and I have been eating here for years, and if you're like us - loyal Polvo's North customers - you know that means we have seen some ups and downs at this little restaurant. Glad to say they look to be back on track. Thanks, Polvo's!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Years in now, still hangin at Polvo's, still diggin on the margs and the mole enchiladas. Short drive from the casa, things are lookin up for this location, got em some booths, better service. Food's still good, still one of my favs. Don't let the bad vibes out here fool you.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

This was our 2nd time coming here, once for dinner, really nice waitress, really good dinner. This time it was for breakfast. They open at 10:00, we pulled up at 10:15, they were just opening up. We walked in and the girl said, we are just opening, so the salsa won't be ready. I was like ok, no big deal. She then stood behind me at the table and was filling salts, ranch, etc. She tells a co worker, you think this ranch is still good, as she shakes it, and he said i don't know. She then says, well I hope so. We order our food. It comes out,and the ONLY thing hot was the potatoes. The beans were luke warm, the mole sauce over my eggs was not een luke warm, mind you the flavors were there, but definitely not hot food. The waitress tells us the salsa is here if ya want some.She puts 4 tubs of the different salsa's on the table across from us instead of putting it in the ice table next to it, how long was that salsa out? Why didn't she put it in the ice? GRROSS! She acted like she didn't care, bad service, bad tip!! Go elsewhere!!

Reviewed 6 June 2016

My wife and I eat here a great deal. Like, two or three times a month. To be fair, I think Polvo's North is probably an acquired taste. It's in our neighborhood, it's reliable, consistent, and for us, very familial and comfy. The staff knows us, they take good care of us and we enjoy dining there. It's no frills, there are ups and downs as with any local restaurant and they survive quite well being right next to Garbo's. Try the mole cheese enchilidas and have a raspberry margarita.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place. The one down south has always been good. There are so many things wrong with this place and it's not the food.

Let's start with atmosphere. The restaurant was completely empty which should have been a sign. We sat at two super crappy tables that wabbled if you just looked at them, under a ceiling with tiles crumbling from above and music that sounded like it came from an AM station because of the static. In the middle of our very long wait for our food, the staff decided to crank the music so loud we couldn't hear each other talk.

The food wasn't bad, but I ordered a too shelf margarita to start. Ten minutes later I see our server walking back into the restaurant with a jug of, I kid you not, Sunny D from the gas station next door. I watched her walk to the bar and shake it into my drink. Really?!? Usually the Grand Mainer you pay for takes care of the orange splash.

Everything took forever. I realized why when we got the bill. There were 5 of us and a baby who was sleeping the whole time. They decided that qualified for the party of 6 or more automatic gratuity. Even though the service was horrible, I felt bad about no one being in there, so I was planning on tipping well (not deserved by any means). i was ready to leave already so wasn't going to get into it. But it was a sneaky, crappy way of doing business and they definitely didn't earn it.

The food was ok, but with the bad service, the unpleasant atmosphere and the shady way of doing business, I would avoid this place like plague.

1  Thank Sarah M

Been to Polvos NORTH? Share your experiences!