“Great breakfast taco”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Visiting Austin I had to get a breakfast taco. My Mom and Sister recommended Taco Shack for the chorizo. Not disappointing at all. It was great and the place was decorated CUTE for Halloween!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

The tacos are large, stuffed but the flavor just is not there. No tex-mex, no salt. You will need the salsa to add flavor. I tried 4 breakfast tacos, all different combos. The home fries were tiny diced potatoes deep fried. The refried beans were bland. El Pass can refried beans have more flavor. Paid 15$ for 4 tacos and small refried beans and potatoes about 1/4 cup each. Taco cabana has a better taco for your money

Reviewed 30 August 2016

Stopped for first time today for lunch. Had a soft taco plate - two tacos, one fajitas/one canrne guisada, black beans and rice. Had choice of about six meats, and three styles of beans. The only significant negative IMO was that the rice was rather oily and for me below average. The beans were good and the tacos were a good value. I felt the fajitas meat was superior to the carne guisada. Next time I would get two fajita tacos.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I'm never disappointed. Food is amazing and the Guac is fresh. I love their grilled fish tacos and the almost vegetarian tacos. You can easily fill up on just one taco.

Reviewed 10 May 2015

I love the Migas tacos and the "Shack Pack" which is 3 potato and egg tacos and 3 bacon and egg tacos. I bring them to my co-workers every Friday and everyone loves them. As far as breakfast tacos go, Taco Shack is on par with Torchy's and Taco Deli as some of my favorite in Austin.

Been to Taco Shack? Share your experiences!