“Small bistro with location that is easily missed, but I'm glad we didn't miss it.”

Paisano's Trattoria & Pizzeria
Ranked #734 of 3,992 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Looking for a new Italian restaurant for Sunday supper as our old standby was closed. I saw reviews on Paisano's that were glowing , so decided to try it. Cute little place, easy to drive right by unless you are looking for it. Immediately, warmly greeted and seated. Drink menu was quite adequate and reasonably priced. Salads were brought out and yummy, warm cheese bread. Before salads were finished, the entrees were brought to the table. Unfortunately, my chicken marsala was luke warm at best. Our waitress graciously took it back to the kitchen and shortly returned with very hot, very tasty chicken marsala. The sauce was wonderful!! My wife had chicken parmesan which was delicious. Servings were generous and tasty. The service was wonderful. We do look forward to returning!

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our dinner immensely. My husband had the spaghetti and meatballs, and asked for Italian sausage. It was only $3 more. I had the lasagne, which has three different cheeses with Bolognese sauce and a meatball on top. The sauce was meaty and so delicious that after I finished the lasagne, I was dipping the bread in it. We saw a pizza brought to a nearby table and it was huge. It looked so good that we decided to try it the next time we go..maybe tonight.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

It's not one ingredient that is the star of this show it ALL the ingredients.

The pizza crust is substantial in size and taste. The tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and bell peppers add texture, color and flavor. The cheese and sauce alone would be great but on this pizza elevate the pizza to a wonderful level.

The surprise is the basil. Paisano's doesn't just put a few leaves on the pizza. No sir. They put on a whole layer of fresh basil that adds a beautiful bouquet of aroma and flavor in every bite.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

This was an awesome meal. The server was obviously a little new and still learning, but was super friendly. The food - wow. Super flavorful, really fresh, and just so so good. The place is a little hidden, though. It's not something that you'll just drive by and see.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for dinner. Who started with the Bruschetta appetizer whose flavors were distinctive, pleasant and refreshing. The bread was very good but the slight char left the perfect toast. The tomatoes burs red with moisture and held the other ingredients like garlic and health drenching of olive oil. The best I have had.

My wife decided to have the Spaghetti Bologanese...that meat sauce was a spaghetti lover's trip to outer space and into a world yet discovered. In a word....wonderful!

I jade the Chicken Picatta with Angel Hair pasta garlic cream sauce and capers. The flavor was amazing. I found myself scooping up as much sauce as I oils without attracting attention. Every twist of pasta was covered in sauce. Every slice if chicken....sauce scoop. Complimentary garlic cheese toast...sauce scoop. AND, let's not forget the role the capers played. They accompanied every bite in a symphony being played on my palette. One word for this entrée....Blessing.

Our meal was topped off with a cannoli. The pastry was light, crisp, creamy and dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon. How else are you supposed to finish an Italian meal?

The service was very good and our friendly server was accommodating to this picky couple. I can't wait to go back and try the Lasagna Bologanese.