“Bland deep fried food. I only go for the...”
Review of Boat House Grill

Boat House Grill
Ranked #265 of 3,755 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Brooklyn, New York
“Bland deep fried food. I only go for the...”
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Bland deep fried food. I only go for the outdoor play area for the kiddos.

Austin, TX
“Best catfish I've ever had!”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

We've been going to Boat House Grill for around 6 years now, and this restaurant has consistently good food. I almost always order the catfish platter, with fried catfish, french fries, hush puppies, and cole slaw. It's a lot of food. Their fried shrimp and fried green tomatoes are excellent as well. Swallow it down with a cold Shiner Bock and it's a meal made in heaven!

On the weekends from March to October, they have live bands on the weekend from 6 until closing.

This is a very kid friendly restaurant. There is an indoor area that is fully air conditioned/heated, and then there is a covered area where the musicians play, which has windows that can open up in the warmer months and they close it in and heat it in the colder months.

They just recently added a playscape out back, so that makes the restaurant a great place to eat with kids. Also, this place doesn't really have a dress code, so if you're coming in off the lake and are in a bathing suit, come on in (just make sure you eat at the outside portion).

It's just a very laid back catfish joint!

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Fun Time at the Boathouse Grill - Arrive Hungry, Leave Happy!”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We were looking for a place for lunch and I saw the Boathouse Grill out of the corner of my eye. It was an unusual & unique looking building, but what made us turn the car around and pull into the parking lot were all of the cars parked outside! It didn't take us long to find out why they were there. My husband had the shrimp, my son had the Frito Pie (homemade chili) and I had the chicken fried steak. It was all wonderful. Huge portions served up in old 50's style baskets (not the chicken fried steak...it was on a plate!) Very casual, very friendly and reasonably priced. We would go back again in a heartbeat. I wanted to try the Fried Green Tomatoes....but I took a look at a neighboring table and saw the portion sizes of the meals and thought better of it. Next time, I will order them and maybe just a salad. But then, maybe not!

laketracy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place near Steiner Ranch and Four Points area”
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We have been eating here for the last 7 or 8 years. It's one of those places that many people seem to drive by forever and put it on their mental list to stop by, because they seem to always be doing a great business. There is nothing fancy about it, but that is what makes it great for us. Our kids love to sit outside in the covered pavillion and play with all the rocks on the ground or dance around like crazy folks to live music on the weekends. They staff is all very friendly and many know us by name. The catfish is great and so are there homemade onion rings and fried green tomatos. It is a true family favorite. And a nice place to have a beer, eat a burger and not worry about your kids breaking something to boot.

1 Thank laketracy

Been to Boat House Grill? Share your experiences!