“Good BBQ to recommend!!!”
Review of Stubb's Bar-B-Q

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Staff went out of their way to help make sure we parked in a good spot since only street parking. Started with chips, queso, salsa and local drafts for a good start. Everyone loved the brisket!! Moist and tender. Both sausages were also good.Sides included cheesy spinach !, potato salad, collard greens, Mac and cheese, and all were great!!! Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We walked in with no reservation and 18 people on a very busy Thursday night. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were all taken care of within 10 mins of arriving.

The service was amazing for such a large group. Bar orders were at our table within a few mins and the food arrived between 15-20 mins after ordering. Good selection of craft beer on draft which was a great compliment to the BBQ.

The BBQ itself was great. I would say with the amount of people we had at the table we tried every meet and side on the menu and it did not disappoint. The beef rib was by far my fav.

Nice little live music venue downstairs which makes for a great after dinner spot.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Now granted, I picked up two to-go lunches today and took my wife to McKinney Falls State Park for a picnic, so the food was just warm by the time we got there. I had sliced beef and ribs...my wife had sliced beef and turkey...or so we thought. Hers turned out to be ribs and turkey... mistake one.

I also ordered slaw and the side salad...hers with blue cheese dressing and mine with 1000 islands dressing...they got hers right and I got no dressing at all... mistake two.

The sliced beef on mine was very fatty...I mean almost "wet" with grease. The ribs were ok, a little dry and very "small". My wife said that the turkey was good though.
The food was decent tasting Q, but I felt like for the $41 bucks we spent on the two two-meat plates we had, that they should have at least gotten the order right. Thus, the "Average" rating from me. I probably won't be back...too many other much better BBQ joints in Austin.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Every time I go to America, and in particular Austin, I'm told about how incredible the BBQ food is. I've been to the States a couple of times now, to a few BBQ restaurants, and I'm yet to have one that's as good as Smokestak in my native London. Maybe it's all a myth like Fish & Chips is over here...

I got three meats; ribs, pulled pork and brisket. The ribs were greasy as hell and super fatty, but the chargrilled taste from the barbecue was pretty damn good to be fair. The brisket was okay, as was the pulled pork - perfectly satisfying, just nothing to write home about. The coleslaw was a bit boring, and I just don't get the slice of crappy bread you always get with any tray of BBQ food in the States. What's the deal with that? It's like a slice from the cheapest loaf of bread you get from a corner shop. Weird.

Anyways, the service was great considering it was proper busy - so can't fault them for that, same goes for the actual atmosphere of the place. It's a comfy little spot for somewhere to eat, just a wee bit of a shame the food was a bit of a disappointment.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This is a MUST EXPERIENCE! This was our last day in Austin and there was 8 of us for breakfast!

It’s best to make a reservation and go ahead and splurge on the reservation with a view of the bans, you will not be disappointed! There is a full bar and so much to eat, you will leave stuffed to the gills, but save room for the pecan pie!

1  Thank Parul L

Been to Stubb's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!