“What amazing margaritas!! ”
Review of Ranch 616

Ranch 616
Reserve with OpenTable
Ranch 616 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 4,248 Restaurants in Austin
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Do not miss Ranch 616 and have Ranch Water....an amazing margarita. Then go for the rib eye, the shrimp camarones, fish & shrimp tacos. We had all of the above served family style which was great for sharing! Nick was a terrific server and took extra care with our service. Don’t miss Ranch 616!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch our first day, dinner the second....best Ribeye I ever had! The manager, Billie, was a wonderful host both days, giving us great tips for our trip. The Tex Mex cuisine is fresh and flavorful and the Margaritas divine. Find it and love it....

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

One block walk from Wyndham Austin. Sat outside on the patio, which has heaters. Not an oyster fan, but wife loved them. Quail and chicken fried steak with jalapeño pepper gravy was excellent. Waiter was friendly and provided excellent service!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Ok when I entered I thought ‘this looks like El Rio Grande’ in NYC - that’s not a good thing.

It’s far from a fine dining experience visually but man o man is it a fine dining experience! If you can overcome the large shot glass sized water glasses that they use for beer too - every and I mean everything is superb!

The oysters - yes fried - no not taste like fried food and they will give you a half order too - delish
The PEI mussels were some of the best I’ve had - actually had great ones in Delray last week and these were a super close second.
The trout with jalapeño was superb and my colleague had the filet with crab - he said he would eat it over and over again!

We were both too full for dessert.

But seriously the best this about this restaurant is as our server - a gentleman likely somewhere north of 40 - gracious- perfect- helpful. The best!

Thank you Kimpton for recommending this gem.

I even now miss the decor which I had been a NY/LA snob about (sorry - I truly apologize about that - you are perfect!)

Thank you!

Liz

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Came here based on other reviews found online. Walked in at 7 PM without any reservations and was told that no space was available even though just a couple of tables were taken. Sat outside and received great service from the bartender. He made us great drinks and provided great service. Food was extremely tasty! As it was a very cold night the heat lamps and ponchos provided were a nice touch.

Date of visit: February 2018