“Ridiculously good steak ”

Eddie V's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4,243 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: USD 21 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Food here is incredible. Everyone in our group said it was the best meal we’ve had this trip. Recommend the tomahawk steak, melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Service was excellent, waiters couldn’t do more.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,015)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent meal from.start to finish . Fresh oysters and yellowfin sashimi . Lovely warm bread . Seafood mains were excellent. Fantastic wine list . And great service by Alex .

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had been eating more steak lately than I'm used to so I ordered the Mediterranean Black Sea Bass. I'm not sure how they cooked it but it was extremely hot when it arrived which is odd for fish. The skin was left on and facing up. Had the skin been grilled to make it crispy it would have been good but it was soft and moist so I peeled it off. The oil and butter on the plate that the fish was laying in took away what I expected to be a nice fluffy piece of fish. We ordered a side of Brussel sprouts that we void of any seasonings. They were so chewy I could barely get my teeth through some of them. The $12 side of asparagus was topped with roasted red peppers similar to how I would cook them so they were good. Everything other than the Brussel sprouts was coated in butter. And yes butter can make it better but not when its overdone. The prices at Eddie V's are similar to Flemings. Based on this one experience at an Eddie V's, for this price range I would pick Flemings.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Terrific food! We ordered a few appetizers as our meal and they were great! So were the drinks. The only trouble I had was that the light was so dim, the wait staff were carrying little flashlights to show us our meal. (We wish they had left them with us.). All in all, it was great!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times for a work dinner. The service is always amazing. I have had both the seafood and steak and it’s always been great. The tomahawk chop was probably best steak ever go here. The New York strip and filet never disappoint. I had the sea bass once. It was very good but should of had the steak. The desserts are also amazing. I can’t say anything bad

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Eddie V's Prime Seafood? Share your experiences!