“#1 In My Book For Austin”

Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4,050 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Truluk's is always our first choice for dinner when we visit Austin. We took 6 guest to dinner and they were blown away with the cuisine and service. The lobster bisque is full of lobster meat and probably the best lobster bisque in the USA. The seafood is always amazing. The server made a mistake on an entree with one of our guests, but management stepped right in to correct the problem. This restaurant truly is a gem and a must when in Austin.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I’ve always liked Truluck’s. However my family always seems to think they know of a better option and I try to accommodate their request. So eating here truly is a gift for me when I win the “pick out restaurant for dinner game.”

Since it was my birthday I got no opposition to my choice. From the moment we walk to the hostess stand three different people had welcomed us to the restaurant. The maître d’ came around the hostess stand and shook my hand and said thank you for celebrating your birthday with us. Very nice touch.

We were then escorted upstairs to the corner table with unquestionably the best view in the restaurant.

We started with oysters and both my children had the bone in New York strip that was on special. My wife had the large crab claws and I had the 16 ounce ribeye with an Alaskan King crab leg to share with her.

Everything was prepared perfectly the food was amazing. The service was exceptional and to top it off they gave us a baked Alaska desert with happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate.

One of my favorite desserts of all time is their carrot cake. I ordered that in addition because that was my birthday gift to me.

The staff from the front door to the waiter to manager was first class. I hope to convince my family to come here more than once a year for my birthday. Worst-case I’ll be back with clients.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Great food and service, beautifully cooked. Try and get a booth as more private and comfortable. There was a minor mess-up with my credit card, but when I phoned up to query the restaurant could not have been more helpful in rectifying.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Excellent dinner. Our group of 4 all ordered different seafood dishes. Excellent service and a very nice wine selection.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing dinner of 5 individuals and felt VIP. They truly pay attention to all details from how warm their welcome is, to what color napkin they put on your lap based on the color of your clothes, to the best wait staff I’ve probably ever had. Amazing people, wonderful meal, and wish we had Trulucks in the Midwest! The manager made sure to welcome us personally as well. All around - fantastic experience.

1  Thank GabbaGrg88

Been to Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown? Share your experiences!