“Comfort Deluxe”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Description: Howdy strangers and neighbors, Welcome to Threadgill's. We hope to have something for everyone. Scroll around and find out the daily food specials, who is playing live at either location and order our cookbook, t-shirts or other merchandise. You can plan to have your next party, business meeting or rehearsal dinner surrounded by great food and hospitality at Threadgill's. Check out the menu for eating in, take out or catering. If you are so inclined you can read about our history and contribution to Austin's great food and music scene. Enjoy, and we'll see you soon!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Block from our hotel - great service! Vanessa was super sweet and knowledgeable! Kids all took down their dinner quickly - from salmon to chicken fried chicken. Austin institution!

Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much. We appreciate you.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I love Threadgill's, but the Turkey & Dressing special left a lot to be desired. The dressing was good, my side of mac & cheese with jalapeno was good, the gravy was good, the greens were good, but the turkey left a lot to be desired. It was the closest thing to sliced lunch meat I have seen and it tasted like it. It didn't even look like turkey, but the gravy helped. Seriously, if I had know it was sliced, turkey lunch meat, I would have ordered something else.

1  Thank DMHAustin
Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

It is sliced turkey breast. We’re happy to get you something else.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit and I'm not sure why there are comments abt the food being bland? Just doesn't make sense to me unless those ppl either like tons of salt or tons of spice flavoring because everything I've had has been delicious. Didn't know they had an early morning buffet.. I'll have to look into that. one of my trips here they did have live music which was plenty loud even inside, not a complaint, just a statement. We will be back again! I just love home style cooking as we don't always have time to cook meals like served here with all the delicious menu items!

Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Shelly, Thank you so much.
We have Gospel Music every Sunday from 11-1. They do rock the house.
You can ask to be seated on the porch a little further away from the Music.
We do appreciate you.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

It had been a few years since visiting Threadgills and I was disappointed with the quality of food at dinner. Service was good and the food delivered in a timely manner. Food was average.

Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

If we serve you something that you do not like, please ask your server for help. Thank you

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Had dinner there recently with some colleagues during a conference in Austin. I found the food was ok, not great, not particularly unique. Service was good and friendly and attentive.

I had the classic chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes. Came out hot, decent portion, kind of bland in my opinion. Passable but not memorable.

Dessert of pecan pie with ice cream with warm pie was darn good.

Not sure I would go back, near about 10 other restaurants. Service, as I said was pretty good.

Sandra W, Manager at Threadgill's World Headquarters, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you. We love Pecan Pie, too!!!