“Great Tacos and Gluten Free”
Review of Tacodeli

Tacodeli
Ranked #10 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: USD 1 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: South Austin
Description: Tacodeli opened in Austin in 1999, but our story began long before in Mexico City. That’s where our founder Roberto grew up and first fell in love with the magical flavors of the taqueria. Years later, his childhood memories mixed with Austin’s friendly vibes to inspire Tacodeli’s food and the way we share it. The result is a big, ambitious menu, prepared by hand every day. A healthy obsession with both the quality of our ingredients and the quality of our lives. And a merging of flavors from both sides of our heritage to create something all its own. We extend a warm welcome to anyone who’s hungry for something different.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Awesomeness!!! We loved this place so much we ate here twice on our trip to Austin. I am Gluten free. Almost everything on the menu is gluten free. Chips come in a bag. Tacos are awesome. I loved the chicken and my husband ate several different kinds and liked them all. Everything was great. I would highly recommend having lunch here, especially if you are gluten free.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Enjoyed lunch here with family. So much customization available, even with their signature tacos. Was looking for a taco place that was vegan-friendly for a family member, and noticed their Freakin Vegan taco on the online menu. So, he was happy. I had the Shimposito, which was very good, and the Mojo Fish, which was outstanding. One of the best fish tacos I've ever had. Everyone enjoyed their tacos, no leftovers that's for sure. We also had some chips with guac and salsa, all of which was excellent. Fortunately, we were able to grab a picnic table outside. Popular spot with line out the door, but wait wasn't too bad.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This place is always packed, the staff is so friendly. This is my go to place for out of towners. Great food! GREAT salsa, mole tacos, tortas, and my favorite special fish tacos. Watch out for the dona, it’s got some KICK to it. Bring your dog, hang out, read the chronicle and enjoy the best taco on Austin.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Good taco options, including some healthier ones and lots of sauces to choose from. However, the tortillas leave something to be desired and the menu on the wall doesn’t list the prices? Perfect stop before or after hitting the green belt.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Tacodeli serves delicious tacos right from brekkie time and we had a fantastic meal around breakfast time sharing their various tacos - some of which were with eggs. They don't serve all tacos through the day (as far as I recollect) and hence the selection may vary depending on breakfast or not. Nonetheless - whatever they have - it's awesome.

Been to Tacodeli? Share your experiences!