“Anniversary Dinner”

Jeffrey's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jeffrey's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 4,248 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: USD 50 - USD 80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: 12th
Description: A passion for friendship, food and wine fed the genesis of Jeffrey's. It continues to endure today. The restaurant first took shape in 1975 when Jeffrey Weinberger and Ron and Peggy Weiss, friends from student days at the University of Texas, pooled their interests, talents, and enthusiasm with three other pals to open an intimate neighborhood bistro in Austin, such as they had encountered in their travels. They were part of the first wave of new American cuisine, and over the years they made their mark with an original flair that is unmistakably Jeffrey's alone. Chef Deegan McClung is known for accenting regional flavors and ingredients with European recipes and techniques in order to create a unique cosmopolitan style.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed a delightful experience at dinner. They knew it was our anniversary and had a table with welcome card and two small flutes of champagne. We started with king crab & avocado on toast-excellent and different, fried oysters presented on the shell-good. She had pork chop-great; I had red snapper in pappilotte - superb fresh & wild. We finished with a meyer lemon souffle-good. Service by our waiter, Austin excellent.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Jeffrey’s in Austin last night for our 36th wedding anniversary. The place was recommended by our daughter and we were not disappointed. Intimate dining, casual dress, hopping bar scene separated comfortably from the dining, great food, service, valet, etc. Everything you’d expect from a fine restaurant. I splurged and got the Wagyu (8oz) while my wife got the garden-variety 6oz filet. Both of our steaks were perfectly cooked medium-rare. But could not tell the cuts, texture, flavor apart. The takeaway is, order the less-costly item because everything is fantastic.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

From the moment we entered we were treated with VIP service. The staff was professional and warm. We started with a selection of cheeses from the cheese cart. The selections were wonderful! The Rack of Lamb was perfect, as was the Seafood risotto. We are devout fans now. Jeffrey’s will always be on our itinerary during our visits to Austin.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This was our first trip to Jeffrey's in years and our first since moving to Austin. On the whole a glorious and near perfect experience that reinforced our perception that this is the best fine dining destination in Austin. Fine dining begins with great service and here Jeffrey's excels. Everyone, from the valet staff to the waitstaff were personable, friendly and attentive and comparable to any of the great restaurants I have been to. Decor snd ambiance are very good. And the food was mostly exceptional. We shared crispy oysters which were excellent. We followed this with the pork chop snd lamb chops. Both were excellent thou one of the lamb chops suffered s bit from troublesome connective tissues. The asparagus with black truffle hollandaise was excellent. And the cheese plate we ordered as dessert was very well conceived. While food prices are rather high, wine prices are quite reasonable at 2 to 2.5 times retail price. The wine list has somewhat expensive but that reflects the fact the list has no cheap, mediocre wines. And if you like great wine, go on Sunday when all bottles are half price which will have you paying near retail prices. Highly recommended for fine dining.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Went Friday to celebrate a special occasion. Complimentary valet parking was a plus! Upon being seated at our table, we discovered a hand-written card personalizing the reason for the visit to Jeffrey's. The attention to detail provided throughout the restaurant was also a big plus for me. Complimentary champagne was provided in addition to our choice of bottled, sparkling or house water and a small bowl of fresh popped popcorn. We were provided a menu, cocktail/wine menu and a team of staff to meet our every need. The cheese board we selected was outstanding especially using locally sourced cheeses, both hard, semi-soft and soft cheese with house made crackers, almonds, raisins, and honey completed our board. We selected truffle deviled eggs and crab on avocado toast as appetizers. Both were very tasty and appropriate servings as appetizers. The popovers we were served were very warm and delicious. Entrees of filet of tenderloin with smoked asparagus and the shellfish risotto were very generous portions but most of all each was full of melt-in-your-mouth flavor. Originally, we had been decided to have dessert at another restaurant, however, having a reservation at Jeffrey's at 8:45 our leisurely timed meal prompted us to have dessert at Jeffreys. While we never had to ask for more water and our staff was very attentive to our needs, the dessert part was somewhat disappointing. Our captain came to our table as we were almost finished with our entrees to inform us that if we were going to have soufflés for dessert we needed to put the order in right away as each took 20 minutes to bring to the table. Having not been presented with a dessert menu, and this being our first visit to the restaurant, this behavior was somewhat disconcerting. I told the captain that I wanted to see a dessert menu before I would make a decision. The menu was presented but accompanied by what I perceived as an attitude of "it's late and I'd like to get on with finishing my shift" posture (no words were said, just my perception of body language). The baked Alaska and the Meyer lemon soufflé were ordered as well as a cup of coffee. The coffee served was piping hot and delicious. After an appropriate amount of time, the baked Alaska was delivered complete with flaming presentation and a chocolate soufflé was presented to me with apologies that the Lemon was taking longer than anticipated and would I like to enjoy this complimentary chocolate dessert while the lemon finished in the oven. We sampled both, and the Baked Alaska was by far the better tasting of the two, with chocolate sponge cake, sour cherry sorbet and a mound of Swiss Meringue every so slightly charred to provide a slight crunch. After the Alaska was consumed it was probably five minutes longer before the Meyer lemon soufflé was served. The top appeared darker brown that I would have thought but had a dusting of powdered sugar. Super, super hot. The accompanying pistachio ice cream was creamy, and sumptuously delicious. When mixed with a spoonful of Meyer lemon, the ice cream managed to cool down the soufflé and each complemented the other. Overall, our visit to Jeffrey's was outstanding. I will try, next time, to get a reservation earlier in the evening and, hopefully, not feel rushed toward the end of the meal/evening. Everyone, though, was extremely courteous and gave great attention to each detail of the respective jobs. Definitely a group of people, dedicated to working as a team for the purpose of providing high quality in both food and service.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Jeffrey's Restaurant? Share your experiences!