1,953 results
All reviews convention center great location austin downtown valet parking within walking distance free breakfast valet staff indoor pool room was spacious corner room restaurants and bars rainey street a great stay lady bird lake the congress oatmeal would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 September 2018

They charge $42 for valet service, which I knew upfront. What I didn't know... it takes over 30 minutes for them to retrieve your car. There were so many people in the front upset and waiting for their car. You would think they would change this process. Don't charge $42 if it's horrible. Let guests park their own vehicle and charge them the daily rate.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa H
Caroline R, Sales Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hi Lisa. We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. I invite you to call the hotel and speak to our Assistant General Manager to further voice your concerns. This is not a typical occurrence and we hope in the future you will give us the opportunity to improve upon your experience.

Best regards, The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown Team

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I came here and was able to walk to most areas of Austin from this location, The indoor pool is very small but the free breakfast , location and gym are a plus. Just across the street is a grocery so you can get what you need and load the fridge in your room with essentials. There are many restaurants right outside the hotel. We were able to walk to the Capital which was about a 20 minute walk and then walk from there an additional 4 to 6 blocks to the Bullock museum and the Blanton museum. The 2nd street district is the next block over from the hotel. We took a $6 cab ride to the South Congress shopping area and then decided to walk back which took about 20-30min. We were also able to walk about 15 minutes to the congress St bridge where you can rent boats, and a canoe or a kayak . Bottom line is that it is a good location, less expensive than the JW Marriott or the W .

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Raquel H, Hyatt Place Austin DT Team at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Hello darcydog2!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed Austin and your stay at Hyatt Place Austin DT!

Location is key to enjoy the city, and we are glad that you found this a plus from the hotel.

We hope you come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I have stayed here several times. I am always greeted and treated with such genuine kindness. The atmosphere here is one of true care and concern for what it takes for them to make your stay enjoyable. I love the accessible spinach salads that are just to the right of the counter of the front desk. There are other choices too of course. Plus a nice cup of hot tea to top it off. I have had a chance to watch people come and go. They walk in smiling and waving at the front desk receptionists and it is genuinely returned. True hospitality. Hyatt Place Downtown Austin, you have it going on. Don't every change it. You're a true gem. I can't wait to come back! Thanks so much for your kindness.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors with the city street view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Caroline R, Sales Manager at Hyatt Place Austin Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so appreciate of your kind words and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Great service is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Austin!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Great hotel and everyone was super friendly. Over the top free breakfast. The location was great for the convention was around the corner at the Marriott Hotel. The staff always greeted me coming or going with a smile. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Thank you to Cassy and Zach at the front desk, and managers Zach and Evan. We booked through Tripadvisor. I love Tripadvisor, but I'll never do that again. They (Getaroom/Expedia) never confirmed the reservation and after a very long day of travel with the whole family, we arrived exhausted and hungry with no room. The awesome-and forgiving-staff took care of the issue, even though it was not their mistake. They were so kind. My daughter turned 13 during our stay, and they remembered. We went out to Batfest and returned at night to find a cinnamon bun and a birthday card from the staff. Cassy remembered that my daughter had been eyeing them on check-in. They serve complimentary breakfast, and the food and coffee were fresh and delicious. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable. We chose not to utilize room service every day, but they were there if we needed them. Overall, just a great, friendly, welcoming staff. Wouldn't change anything. I guess I shouldn't expect anything less-It's Austin, after all. Thanks, and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are so appreciate of your kind words and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Great service is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I have forwarded to our team so that the names mentioned will be celebrated. I am sorry you had a rough start to your trip but am so happy to hear our staff could turn it around. We look forward to hosting your next trip to Austin and Happy belated birthday to your daughter!