1,545 results
All reviews texas chili parlor underground parking great hotel walking distance rooftop pool fifth floor ceiling fan capital building would definitely stay here again free breakfast king suite room key corner room fresh fruit front desk staff wonderful stay oatmeal
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Traveled to Texas to see my Tulsa football team play UT. Chose this hotel based on the reviews I found her. Location was superb, and the hotel was attractive. But here is what we experienced: the sink would not drain. I don't mean it was kinda slow--it took minutes to drain. A used bar of soap remained in the tub/shower. Both creamer/sugar coffee packets had been opened and creamer removed, no fresh ones left. No wash clothes. Had to complain to front desk repeatedly on our first full day to have room made up. Didn't happen until after 5:00 p.m. while we were at the game. The beds are old and sag. The breakfast was fully what I expected, so not to complain. Oh, and to access elevator as well as room, have to use card. The readers are impossible though and people would be on the elevator cussin' cause it wouldn't read the cards. LOL. I like Hampton, but this didn't meet my expectations. Oh, and no liners for ice buckets. YUK.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Inspirations601385,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to see that we did not live up to our reviews. We made some mistakes during your stay and I wanted to apologize. We will address the sink and housekeeping issues that we made during your stay. I would love the opportunity to make up for our errors. Please contact me directly, I would love to hear more about your stay.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Spent our wedding anniversary In Austin and stayed at this location. I have stayed at a many a Hampton Inn & Suites, but this was by far the nicest and most upscale. When we arrived on Friday night we had an issue with our room having an odor that I asked the front desk to take care of while we were at a show. Instead, after giving us the owners Austin City Limit personal tix for a Friday night show, they upgraded us and put us in another room. A GREAT BIG shout out to the evening shift front desk crew, Dale and Frankie for their cordial and friendly demeanor. They are very informative and customer service oriented. We would certainly stay at this hotel again without a doubt.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear csfunk05,

Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor! We loved having you stay with us. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to fix the issue with the stay. We will work harder to keep earning a five circle score.

We look forward to your return visit to Austin!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

The room was beautiful. It was very clean. The location was also great. We never had to drive very far to site see. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. The complimentary breakfast was also very nice. They had a lot to choose from.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear kellycU6088ZO,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I travel for work every week. This hotel is in a great location and has excellent rooms. I use the well-equipped fitness center on every trip. I also love the free breakfast. Lots of choices on the menu.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sfitz7, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin at The University/Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear LAG83,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisro. We love that you are a repeat traveler to our hotel. We love having you stay here and appreciate your kind words on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your next visit to Ausitn!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I stayed couple of times at this hotel. The best thing about this hotel is it’s location. Few blocks away from University and close to all that Austin downtown offers. Breakfast is included and it’s just ok. Self parking $23. Staffs are friendly and rooms are clean and nice. We got upgraded room last time! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor rooms have good views
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear ShettyK,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. We will work harder to earn a fifth circle score on Tripadvisor. I was happy that you enjoy our location. I appreciate the comments about our staff.

We look forward to your next visit to Austin!