“Beautiful Hotel”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here, beautiful hotel friendly staff and immaculate comfortable rooms. Only thing I didn’t rate was the cocktails in the bar... having tried most on the menu didn’t find a single one I liked :s all very strong to the point of making it difficult to drink.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

First the good, We really like the overall atmosphere of the place and the service was top notch. Out waiter was very good and the entire staff was friendly. The steaks were very good, I had the Filet and my wife had the strip. Now the not so good, the Veggie plate my son had was not so good, to be fair it is a steak restaurant, but we expected more. We had 4 sides, all but one was below average. The Spinach with blue cheese was not very good, the potatoes were bland and the sautéed mushrooms were fairly good. The best side was the grilled Brussel sprouts, they were very good. Overall I expected a lot more for the money.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

After trying to find the best place to eat for my boyfriend's birthday, we stumbled upon this place and decided to make reservations. Going in was a breeze as there was a table set aside for us by the window. After looking the menu over, we decided to do the 7 course tasting menu with the wine pairing from the sommalier. Absolutely everything included in the tasting menu was fabulous and well worth the price but the wine pairing by the somm was the highlight of the meal. Though we have no allergies, we were asked if there were any allergies they should know about before preparing our food which was a nice thought.

The service itself was very professional, very knowledgeable, and overall outstanding. The food was from all different cuisines and the steak course was far better than even Perini Ranch. Having grown-up in Spain, my boyfriend even commented the course where we had the mussels reminded him of home. I noticed some reviews mentioned the food was not hot-- our food was warm but cool enough to eat. I guess other reviewers were looking for the straight out of the microwave temperature.

I couldn't recommend this restaurant or the tasting menu enough.

1  Thank travel_often360
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

So I’ve always heard about music clubs on sixth street in Austin but always stayed in other hotels. This place is in the middle of all that action!

We had an awesome room with a balcony overlooking all the fun and it rocked on until the bars closed and groups spilled out about three am. We were able to walk to a church for a wedding and the reception was at the hotel. The wedding reception was for some four hundred guests and was awesome! It’s a very special place to celebrate! Great space!

The hotel was built in 1886, and has some updates, and is quite elegant. We did not go to the clubs but this would be a great location — no driving, you can just stagger back to your room if needed from the clubs! Go!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Was told to come to the hotel and bar to experience old Texas charm, and it certainly didn't disappoint. Came for a few drinks before a show on a Sunday night and there were plenty of cozy nooks available to relax in and just soak in the atmosphere. They had some unique cocktails, all of which were delicious. Prices were normal for cocktails and staff were super friendly, so overall, great place.

1  Thank Jason G