2,112 results
All reviews convention center the executive lounge great location taco within walking distance self parking attending a conference sixth street bars and restaurants beautiful hotel heart of downtown valet service rooftop pool live music rainey street business trip floor
Reviewed 17 September 2018

Truly enjoyed the Hilton Austin. Great location... walk to everything including 6th Street, Rainey Street, South Congress, State Capitol, “Bat Bridge.” Was in town for USC Trojans at Texas Longhorns Football game. As a Hilton Diamond, I definitely appreciated the Executive Lounge. And thanks for honoring a late check out.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonAustin, Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for this outstanding 5-star review! We strive to treat every single guest to a one of a kind experience, so it is heartening to hear that our team members in the Executive Lounge made you feel appreciated and that you had such an amazing stay. Thank you again for your endorsement, and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Austin in the future!

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My group just completed a four day meeting at the Hilton and everyone raves about the service and catering. I gained four pounds, need to work that off!

My room on the 21st floor was clean and quiet. Housekeeping forgot to refresh the coffee one day but a quick call and they took care of it right away. Other than that I was very satisfied. The in house restaurant, Cannon & Belle is outstanding, one of the best hotel restaurants I have ever dined in. I will review separately.

I’d be thrilled to stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for the great review! While we are glad that you had an overall awesome experience with us, I do apologize for us forgetting to replenish your guest room coffee one day. We understand the importance of amenities such as having a comfortable room and a selection of good restaurants, and we are so glad that we were able to deliver an exceptional stay. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back, whether it's for another conference or just for leisure!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

After a tough journey in, Bruce was lovely helping me get checked in efficiently and settled so my brain would be ready to unpack and rest and be ready for my conference that started 6 hours later

The rooms were sumptuous. Two queen beds, fridge, only missing a microwave.

I unpacked and went to sleep (bedside control meant I didn’t have to get up to turn off the individual lights!

The bathroom was well equipped - rain shower and hair dryer with high quality towels.

The conference space was comfortable. A little cool in the crowd since the speaker was under lights

The food was fine - not great for vegans but good for gluten free and unable to change but room service is available.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for this 5-star review! We know there are many options in downtown Austin, so to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Hilton Austin and that you received such excellent hospitality is definitely great to hear. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2018

This hotel stepped up with modern communication. Love that I chose my room, they text me recognizing i was silver and just made everything seamless. In a addition the hotel was really cool... great lobby, decor and the room was huge with an insane view!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonAustin, Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hi Lindsey - Thank you for this 5-star review! We are proud to be at the forefront of technology, and we are so glad that you were able to take advantage of some of our latest features such as the digital check-in and the digital concierge service. Thank you again, and we look forward to treating you to another excellent stay in the future!

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Mistake #1 - Ours
I usually make all the hotel reservations in our family and when I do, I always book directly from the Hilton website. This time, for reasons unimportant here, my husband handled our accommodations, for us and for another couple. He thought he was dealing directly with Hilton, but no - he'd been drawn in by a 3rd party site. And he'd prepaid for both rooms in full. By the time I realized the mistake - the next day - it was too late to cancel without paying a $90 fee per room. Okay, fine. So it wasn't a huge surprise when we tried to check in and found out the hotel was overbooked and we were being sent elsewhere. That's the risk with 3rd party reservations.
No worries, they said at the front desk. They'd drive us to the Fairmont to spend one night and then pick up our luggage the next day to return to the Hilton for the remainder of our stay. When we asked (repeatedly) if we'd have to be around for the luggage pickup, they assured us we would not. "Just leave it with the bell staff," they said.
We were glad to hear it because we had a full day planned the next day and didn't want to be tied to the hotel waiting for our room to be ready.

Mistake #2 - Hilton's
By sending us to the Fairmont, they gave us access to a truly stellar property. The Fairmont is amazing. Beautiful. Clean. New. Sparkling. The staff was warm and friendly. The rooms absolutely marvelous. They made us feel welcome and wow, everything about it was gorgeous. (see my review on that site)

Mistake #3 - Ours
We believed Hilton.
The next morning, we packed up our luggage, took it down to the Fairmont's bell stand and gave them all of our names and contact information. They were great. We then walked to the Hilton and talked to the front desk. They had zero idea what was going on and then sent us to the Hilton bell staff to arrange for luggage transfer there. The bellman refused to go get our luggage because "it was for our own protection." You know what? He's probably right. So then why did the front desk tell us otherwise the night before?
We tend to roll with problems, so my husband accompanied the bellman to the Fairmont and picked up the luggage for all four of us travelers. He said he'd hold onto it until our rooms were ready.
We told the front desk. They said fine, and then asked for a credit card for incidentals. But when we gave them our cards, they wanted us to OK the amounts -- which were about $700 each. I told the woman at the front desk that these rooms had been prepaid. I showed her the receipts. She said she'd work on it and not to worry. We made the mistake of believing her

Mistake #4 - Hilton's
They didn't deliver our luggage to our rooms until we put in a request and when they did, they delivered all four pieces of luggage to one room. All things considered, that's no biggie, but heck, we were really batting a thousand at this point.

Mistake #5 - Hilton's
This is more a complaint than an actual mistake. It was hot and we considered taking a dip in the outdoor pool. Yeah, no. Maybe it's the pool's color, but the not-very-clear green water was not inviting. So we thought we'd settle in at the rooftop bar and have a beverage. We'd been seated for about five minutes when the bartender packed up everything and closed, presumably for the day. This, btw, was a Saturday afternoon. Late afternoon, but still. Who closes a bar when there are tons of people still around?

Mistake #6 - Hilton's
At checkout, we discovered that they'd billed both rooms for the full stay even though we'd prepaid. Argh. To their credit, they fixed this one quickly.

Mistake #6.5 - Hilton's
Also at checkout, after they'd corrected their errors, they reminded us that we still owed for parking and one stop at the lobby level bar. Made total sense. That total was $161 and they were to charge it to our room. We didn't discover until we were on the road that they'd charged it all to our friends' room. Seriously? Was anything going to go right here?

For the record: My husband and I tend to prefer Hilton properties over most others. This was the first time we've been disappointed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HiltonAustin, Manager at Hilton Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Julie - Please let me sincerely apologize for the multiple issues you experienced during your stay! Our dedicated team members strive to provide the highest level of service and hospitality to our valued guests, and while we know that mistakes can occur, we have a 100% Make It Right policy to minimize any issues that do occur. However, based on your details review, we clearly missed the mark in many different ways, and again, I can only deeply apologize. I have already forwarded your comments to our Leadership Team for further review and action, and we do appreciate you taking the time to share this constructive feedback so we can continue to grow and learn. If you could please email us directly at auscv-sm@hilton.com, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further and hopefully gain back your trust as I know we can do better. Thank you again for your time!