“Great food. Nice restaurant.”
Review of Mandola's Italian

Mandola's Italian
Ranked #383 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: USD 6 - USD 17
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh daily prepared ingredients & homemade sauces from Mandola's home recipes. From small towns with names like Cefalú, Bisaquino, Corleone and Mezzoiuso, they came and opened their neighborhood grocery stores. In that same pioneering spirit, and with a desire to preserve the Italian-American experience, Damian & Trina Mandola welcome you to Mandola's Italian. It is an authentic Italian grocery. It is a place to gather. But most of all, it is a place to truly enjoy great food and warm Italian hospitality. Benvenuti!
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I needed to write this review. We were told by several folks that we had to try this place. They were right!

Not fancy - you walk in, go up to the counter and place your order. They give you a number and bring your food when it's ready. If you want dessert (trust me, you WANT the dessert!) you go to that counter.

Staff was friendly, we were asked if it was our first time there. Was followed to our table and brought bread & dipping oil. Bread was different but excellent.

In just a few minutes our meals arrived. I am not a foodie or a food snob - I ate Army food and C-Rations for four years. But, we have become selective of our Italian food since visiting Italy. The food was outstanding! There were 4 meals and a pizza on the table - we all shared and everything was delicious. I highly recommend the Italian Sausage - it is the real thing!

Then we had gelato. Excellent, we got the large size, we'll get the small next time. The cake and pastries looked great, we are already planning a coffee and dessert date soon.

Pro - food, service, everything about the place. Go - you'll love it!

con - in a strip center with several other food places - Sunday afternoon parking was just like you'd imagine.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Wife and I often split a standard plate so smaller lunch would be just right. Well, we still had leftovers. She had the “margarita pizza (sp.) and I had Italian sausage and spaghetti.
FYI: we both had water and bill over $20 BUT WORTH IT.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 29 March 2018

About every other time I visit Austin I meet my brother and sister-in-law at Mandola's Italian Market for lunch, and that's what we did earlier this week. This restaurant consistently serves delicious food. On our most recent trip to this Italian restaurant, we had an opportunity to visit with the owner, Damian Mandola, who we've known for many years. We've never had a bad meal at Mandola's, and that's why we keep returning.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

You will not be disappointed. Good Italian menu, very attentive staff, plenty of parking spaces, easy to get to, great desert & gelato, plenty of space for children to play outside, and a fairly reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

food was good. great venue/scenery. I’d like to see the staff have the same great attitude as the Driftwood location. Just seemed like a regular restaurant with college/other workers.