“A nice surprise ❤️”
Review of Plate by Dzintra

Plate by Dzintra
Reserve with OpenTable
Plate by Dzintra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #509 of 4,246 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Plate by Dzintra is a Chef owned and operated neighborhood restaurant, where most everything is made from scratch, and where dining is more than just a delicious meal. Tuesday through Saturday, Plate offers elegant dining and a full bar with gracious hospitality and unpretentious vibe. Each room has a different theme, therefore depending on mood or state of mind, guests can enjoy a new experience every time. Our food is California French - which translates into Continental cuisine with New American, French and Asian influence.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After finding a wait at another Restrauant, we tried this new place. It looked clean, very pleasent lighting, large clean windows, a full bar.
The wine list was reasonably priced, and a very nice wine collection, there did not seem to be any poor choices at all, from the less expensive to the most expensive, all were fine choices.
The short ribs were great! My halibut was not hot, and made me think of banquet food, it was okay, I can not recommend the halibut.
Desert, the apple pie - the best !
I would go there even for the deconstructed apple pie!
Our service was great - from the manager who treated us at the door, to a wonderful waiter. Our waiter had a smile, and was as nice as - the owner came by and introduced herself.
Such a nice very warm person! Dzintra was a breath of fresh air !
So caring, very interested in her guests, for being a chief in a large place Dzintra was very relaxed, and seemed sincere .
I wish her well - we look forward to our next visit!
Joanie

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We went to the new location of Plate last Saturday the 24th. The Filet was one of if not the best that I have ever had. The service was great and everyone enjoyed their food. My better half had the Crab cake and she said it was excellent. The service was great! The downsize was that it was so noisy! It was not the fault of Plate, just a strange building demographic!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 January 2018

My husband and I went to Plate by Dzintra mid-week. The restaurant is small and somewhat formal. My husband and I ordered the spare ribs. That came with a delicious salad, potato and green beans with squash. The food and service was great. We had a very tasty key lime pudding for desert. The prices were somewhat high. Our waitress said they were moving to a new location in the same shopping center in late January 2018.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

This was our third visit to Plates in the past few months and once again we were impressed. The menu had changed since our last visit with new salads and entrees. The fried goat cheese and lettuce salad was fantastic; we had the pork chops, chateaubriand and short ribs where all devoured and praised.

One of the best things about Plates is that you can bring your own bottle of wine and be charged a $25 corkage fee which is rare in Austin.

Plates is moving to a new nearby location after many years in the same location, it will have an expanded dining room, a market and larger demonstration space. I am sure that the great food will continue to be served.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank RWG2020
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I️ love and have dined many times at The Plate but last night was very disappointing. It was not the usual great dining experience we received in the past. The halibut was undercooked and the duck confit dry. The apple pie crust was old tasting and bread pudding cool. Not sure why but not a good sign with their new location opening in January.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank Number1green

Been to Plate by Dzintra? Share your experiences!