“My favorite hidden gem!”
Review of The Steeping Room

The Steeping Room
Ranked #85 of 4,242 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Not just an amazing tea list, but fantastic breakfast and lunch items - healthful, and decadent side by side. From health grains and greens buddha bowls to classic tea sandwiches, you can't go wrong. My favorite indulgences are the crystalized ginger scones, fig butter and/or Almond cake. (The almond cake is REAL decadent).

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The service was excellent, very attentive. The tea menu (which I eschewed in favor of a bottled Mexican Coca-Cola) is extensive, and looked quite interesting. The dining area is separate from a bar area, where we heard various interesting concoctions being prepared. The food was very fresh, nicely prepared, and well-presented; we ordered separate "Tea Sandwiches", which were wonderful and come with a choice of salad or chips. We marveled at the freshness of everything, including the breads. All in all, it was a great place, with excellent food, staff and atmosphere. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

My husband and I were both in the mood for a nice tea service and after a quick Trip Advisor search we found this wonderful spot. We arrived around 2:00 and were surprised at how busy it was. The hostess asked us if we had a reservation – which we didn’t – and we ended up waiting about 10-15 minutes for a table. They do have a small outdoor patio but we couldn’t get a table out there. We both had a pot of tea and we shared a couple of small plates. The tea and food were both exceptional and the service was so friendly and efficient. Unfortunately, we didn’t want to eat anything too heavy because there were so many items on the menu that looked amazing. This will be a regular stop for us when we travel back to Austin.

1  Thank lm55417
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Giant selection of Tea form all over the world. It also boasts a selection of healthy/veggie/vegan/GF friendly dishes as well. I'm a big fan of their buddha bowl which is a little different each time. Hard to go wrong here.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I got the soup and salad. Very satisfying and delicious. I also had a tea. They have a variety of teas and different food options. The staff is super friendly and welcoming.