“Very chic, beautifully designed hotel with excellent customer service”
Review of Heywood Hotel

Heywood Hotel
Ranked #5 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I love the design of the hotel. I want my home to feel like this. Every detail is deliberate and discovering them all is a nice little treat that delights you throughout your stay here. The front desk staff was especially helpful and every single food recommendation was spot-on! A few important considerations:
1. The cancellation policy requires a week notice.
2. The coffee is average and certainly adequate for hotel coffee but not great. If you are picky about your coffee, there are lots of cute coffee places nearby- notably flat track coffee. This doesn't detract from the overall experience.
3. They give you 2 free cans of local beer and the charges for in-room treats are so reasonable! Such a nice surprise which again justifies their well deserved 5 stars!!

Room Tip: All seem super cute!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Heywood Hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2017

I had the pleasure of staying with Cathy and her staff at the Heywood Hotel for my birthday staycation last year. I can't believe it took me this long to post a review but visiting again I just had to. Stellar stay every time.

I have lived in Austin for nearly ten years and thought I knew all the cool spots to stay. I discovered the Heywood after moving to East Austin. I decided to book here after I realized I couldn't travel for my birthday like usual. The hotel is located just down the street from my own house but it was a great get away.

The room was great! I was greeted by a nice personal note from Cathy and the rest of the crew wishing me a happy birthday. There was also chocolate from a local shop here in Austin! The bathroom was my favorite part. I am sucker for bubbles baths.

The common patio area is a great place to hangout and enjoy the complimentary Zilker beer they provided. The patio area attached to the King Room was also great. It provided a nice private space to relax in before hitting the town.

The hotel is in the heart of the bar district on the east side so everything is very walkable. I enjoyed dinner and drinks at Stay Gold then got up early the next morning to try out La Barbecue.

It was great to feel like a tourist for a day and experience my neighborhood in a different way.

I will most definitely stay here again and again. I can't say enough about Heywood. Everything about it is great!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great! Get one with a patio/balcony on the top floor
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderfully quiet and elegant accommodations. Limited service, but that was perfect. Close to so many east Austin greats - coffee, BBQ, and other restaurants. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Bikes available to get around. Very close to the town lake bike and running trail.

Could not recommend this place more if you are looking to spend time in east Austin.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a small boutiques place this is a must try. Hospitality amazing- they go way overboard to make your stay feel like home. Clean nice rooms -super comfy and nice outdoor patio and chair swings to relax in. Mile from city center-amazing foodie restaurants nearby.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Seriously my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. Found this little gem in an effort to take work colleagues out for a fun night in Austin and man oh man I'll be back on personal time. Completely Austin "chic" and the staff could not be any better. This is a little hidden gem!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed downstairs but if you're with a group the upstairs with the shared courtyard looked awe...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business