“WIsh I could have stayed longer!”
Review of Heywood Hotel

Heywood Hotel
Ranked #5 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Seriously my only regret is that I couldn't stay longer. Found this little gem in an effort to take work colleagues out for a fun night in Austin and man oh man I'll be back on personal time. Completely Austin "chic" and the staff could not be any better. This is a little hidden gem!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed downstairs but if you're with a group the upstairs with the shared courtyard looked awe...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Heywood Hotel

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous inn on the hip east side of Austin. Walking distance to everything and loads of fab recommendations from the friendly and accommodating staff. I was provided with lovely local decaf in a French press so that I could make my own coffee in the early am before staff arrives. They were so thoughtful after I raved about the decaf, they gave me a little jar of it to take along. Such a lovely touch.

I had the "smallest" room which I found to quite spacious as well as having an enormous bathroom with a skylight in the shower. Amazing products, including one of my all time faves, Kevin Murphy hair, which I hadn't seen since I lived in London. The bed had fine linens washed in natural products that felt nice next to the skin. Superbly comfy bed.

Took advantage of the free bike for a nice ride along the river on my last day.

All of the restaurant and food truck recommendations were spot on, so much delicious food right in the area.

Many thanks to the staff and owner of the hippest hotel in Austin.

Cheers!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Had the great pleasure of staying at the Heywood for the first time earlier this month for a one night romantic staycation getaway with my girlfriend. I was blown away by how nice the accommodations were. It's amazing what a great job the architects/designers did packing in this sweet little hotel into such an efficient footprint.
It looks tiny from the street but the rooms are perfectly sized and have nice high ceilings. Will definitely be staying there again and recommending it to any friends coming from out of town. Plus they had the work of one of my favorite austin designers Brian David Johnson all over the place which was super cool ;).

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2016

My wife and I stayed at The Heywood in August and can't say enough about the warmth and hospitality of the staff, not to mention our overall great experience at the property. It's very well designed, quaint and oh so charming. We also absolutely loved the free use of their bicycles! Thanks Heywood - you guys are cool!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John O
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Awe Heywood, our sister city home. We love this place and would never consider staying anywhere else while it is operating. East Austin is thriving and in the 2 years since our last visit it has exploded with new businesses that you have a smorgasboard of good times at your door step. Off street carparking, luxurious linens and comfortable beds make this an easy option for our Austin jaunts. Staff are always delightful and full of knowledge for all your needs navigating the city. We always get their smallest Queen Bee room because the wall paper makes me so happy as well as the sky light that runs the length of the wall gives you a stormy outlook when you are toasty warm in bed. Heywood gives you the most thoughtful and cheapest mini bar range I have ever seen - full of local goodies . Can't sing their praises enough. If you like small boutique accommodation with personality and warmth, this is your go-to place. Can't wait 'till our next visit

Room Tip: they are all good!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple