“Great experience for the money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Austin South

SpringHill Suites Austin South
Ranked #83 of 197 Hotels in Austin
Saginaw, Texas
“Great experience for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Alot of positives with only one negative. Good location for our trip, rooms were clean, large and there were no negative comments from bedbugregistry.com. The hotel has a free continental breakfast every morning which wasn't half bad. The onyl negative thing that I can say is that we got a room on the first floor that must have backed up to their laundry room because my wife was woken up each morning about 4am with their washers and dryers.

We wouldn't have a problem staying there again, just in a different room.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for the review, we understand it takes time and we appreciate your attention to detail. We are glad to see you liked our location. We are so sorry to hear your experience was less than perfect. I want to let you know that you can always ask the front desk for change of room. thank you again for the time taken to review your stay. We hope you visit us again the next time you are in Austin.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel on New Years Eve and I was very satisfied. The hotel staff was very friendly and would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend. Everyone from the GM to the maintenance man greeted me as if I knew them for years overall Austin is just a friendly city and look forward to coming back to visit soon.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We hope to have you back in the near future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I had to stay here for travel because the Marriott next door was full. Next time I will sleep in the car before I stay here again. The room was 75 degrees when I got in it and it took about 5 minutes for the air to click on. After 7 hours the temp was only 72 degrees. I also ask for a room not near the elevator on my travel profile and when I got to my room...guess where it was? Right across the hall from the elevators. It was late at night, I was exhausted, and after two attempts to reach Anna at the front desk, I gave up and fell asleep. The decor is outdated, unpleasant, and could use a total revamp or at least a thorough cleaning.
The breakfast consisted of the usual fare: eggs, ceral, oatmeal, waffles. The only meat offered was some round pieces of what I hoped was ham.
The business center had a printer that wasn't working due to it being jammed with 20 print jobs.
I travel a lot and this place ranks pretty low on my list.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mara D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Austin South, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback as we continue to try and be the cleanest and friendliest hotel. Since your last visit we have made many changes from staff to decor to amenities. I encourage you to give us a second chance as I think you will be pleased with our changes. We thank you again for the feedback and look forward to hosting you in the future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

We always stay here when dropping my son off at the University of Texas. It is clean and is located in a decent area (about 10 minutes from UT). The staff is very friendly and nice, and the breakfast buffet is great. I always feel comfortable and safe at this hotel. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We understand it takes time to review our hotel and we greatly appriciate your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Springhill Suites Austin South. We have the largest breakfast in the area and strive to be the best and cleanest hotel. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you the next time you visit Austin.
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Really love the hotel! Directly across the walkway from Marriott, so my husband and I went across to the bar and enjoyed cocktails. The room was very spacious for our family of four. The pool was clean and the location was close to a lot of eating locations. We really enjoyed our stay and will likely choose it again in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to see you liked our location, breakfast, and size of the room. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again in the future the next time you visit Austin.