All reviews the concierge lounge front desk nice hotel stayed here for two nights indoor pool rooms are clean king room business travel close to downtown the entire staff shuttle service enjoyed my stay business center nice stay fitness center easy access definitely stay here again
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Great location and well appointed rooms. Very comfortable beds as well as chairs for sitting and just enjoying the ambience of the room. Beautiful, festive decor in main room area in hotel. Very welcoming look matched by professional desk staff.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
David R, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you Sevelli for the kind words about your stay. Hopefully we can see you back soon for an 5 star experience!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

My last visit in August was a bust. But, my visit this time reminded me of my July stay. The staff was wonderful as usual. They were able to accommodate our last minute request for a second night of stay. Last visit, we had a problem with getting our room serviced. This visit that was not an issue at all. Our room was cleaned within two hours of our return from breakfast. This room did have a safe, unlike the room from our previous visit. If you have a car, Marriott South is the place to stay when in Austin. There is FREE parking, within 10 minutes (barring rush hour traffic) you can be downtown where the action is, and the room rates are sometimes half of what you would pay for other locations of a similar quality hotel. It is also close to major freeways, so getting to the outlet mall or outlying wineries is effortless. This will be our goto location when in Austin again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tawayna B

Welcome Back Tawayna B! Thank you for giving us another chance at delivering a flawless experience for you. We are happy the team could turn things around and you were able to enjoy your visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

stayed for the UT game, very nice front desk staff, breakfast in restaurant was very good
overall service very good. property was very nice and not too bad of a location if you are spending any time around the UT campus.

Room tip: the value of this stay was really great as we got a weekend rate and actually was one of the better Marriott hotels in the brand stable, actually lower than even the Courtyard with a much better hotel
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ANDREW R- thank you for staying with while in town for the UT game. Great to know you you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you back next season.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

My company met at this location as it was centrally located for all of us. The staff was very helpful with all of our needs. The lounge and restaurant both were friendly and took care of as as well. The hotel GM even arranged a shuttle ride for us when we went offsite for dinner!

Room tip: The only drawback was to get a King some of us had to take a handicap accessible room but other than that everything was great!
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Bruce R- Thank you for taking the time to share the kinds words for my staff and I. I am lucky to have an amazing team who truly cares about service. I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner downtown with your team and that your stay overall was enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I guess I have been spoiled by staying in the JW Marriott. I am. It impressed so far by this hotel, I arrived around 12:30am no one is at the front desk about 10 min later someone shows up and rushes through my Check in, the next morning unknown to me I need a voucher for breakfast would have been nice to know I have to go to the front desk to get the vouchers for my stay. The room is a nice size, the bathroom doos hits the toilet when you close the door. Though there are 4 elevators I find myself waiting 5-6 minutes for one to come. Room service was pretty good however it would be nice for you to leave the cart instead of just the tray it makes it easier to leave the dishes outside the room. It’s the little things that add up

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
David R, General Manager at Austin Marriott South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

arunk73- Thank you for your feedback on your stay. As you noted the little things make the difference in service and we failed to deliver on our service guarantees for your stay. I am truly sorry for this and will ensure we share your feedback with our entire team so we can grow from this. Thank you again.